What do you do with your gun in a public restroom?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you do with your gun when nature calls you to a public restroom?

• Total voters

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    So you're out and about when, suddenly, you gotta drop a :poop:. You run to the john and find an empty stall. But... what do you do with the gun you wear on your waist?

If you drop your drawers to the floor, you may risk somebody reaching under from an adjacent stall to grab it. (Hey, if he's the kind of douche to steal a gun, why not steal it under the stall wall?) It probably won't sit on top of the TP box without sliding off. And even for gun-lovers, it's a bit weird to hold it in your hand while you sit.

What's your solution? (No photos, please!)

Don't bother posting if you are just going to say you don't use public restrooms when you carry. When nature calls...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So you're out and about when, suddenly, you gotta drop a :poop:. You run to the john and find an empty stall. But... what do you do with the gun you wear on your waist?

If you drop your drawers to the floor, you may risk somebody reaching under from an adjacent stall to grab it. (Hey, if he's the kind of douche to steal a gun, why not steal it under the stall wall?) It probably won't sit on top of the TP box without sliding off. And even for gun-lovers, it's a bit weird to hold it in your hand while you sit.

What's your solution? (No photos, please!)

Don't bother posting if you are just going to say you don't use public restrooms when you carry. When nature calls...

There have been a few threads on this. Some use the "hammock" method, others drop trou, then re-fasten pants at knee level.. holds everything right where it should be. Still others put it on the top of the tank, if there is one, or hang on the hook on the back of the door.

Blessings,
    Bill

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What do you do with your gun in a public restroom?
    I go to the end stall farthest away from people, slip it out of its holster, caress it gently and talk dirty to it.

Why did you want to know?

I guess now that that is public knowledge I won't be able to run for public office. Seriously is it so bad that I talk dirty to my gun? Its not like I drove a car into a river and let a girl drown.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    My dad taught me never to lay anything down - too easy to lose stuff that way. When I wash my hands my ring/watch whatever goes in my pocket.

If I'm wearing a belt holster, I just leave it on the belt. I don't care who sees it.

If I'm IWB, then the holster comes off when the pants come down and the holster (with the gun inside) goes into the "pocket" formed by my "shorts" in between my knees.

It's kind of hard to forget it that way.

Then when it's time to pull up, the holster goes under my arm and then back to IWB.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    I go to the end stall farthest away from people, slip it out of its holster, caress it gently and talk dirty to it.

Why did you want to know?

I guess now that that is public knowledge I won't be able to run for public office. Seriously is it so bad that I talk dirty to my gun? Its not like I drove a car into a river and let a girl drown.

As long as you don't have a wide stance and tap your feet I think it's ok.

wbjenks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Noblesville
    Goes into the pocket of my shorts. I hate to remove a firearm from the holster yet have no other option I feel is safe in a public restroom.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    My current rig is a Minotaur IWB holster. When nature calls I have found that simply...uhh...dropping trou down to knee level so that my waistband stays parallel to the floor keeps the pistol in place securely. When I am completing a transaction in public I'm usually not there for enjoyment so the entire scenario is over rather quickly compared to say....a nice relaxing weekend morning.

As a side note...this is something I thought I would never be sharing on a message board. But, it is a topic that I have thought about on more than one occasion.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I just use the holster...

Why take it out if you are not going to shoot it. Plus if your pistol falls out of your holster, or your pistol falls off your belt you might just want to look at carrying in a different way... Just my .02 worth.

Top Bottom