• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    Does anybody here know of any specific state/federal laws that prohibit possession of an extendable baton? This seems like it could be a pretty feasible alternative to regular carry in many cases where gun/knife carry is questionable.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    A hard plastic baton would get through security in places a knife would not.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    I believe any citizen should be able to carry any weapon they wish. That said a expandable baton screams police. This is about avoiding the appearance of evil. A sturdy pen in the eye like the Zebra 701 which you can carry anywhere..even in your hand, will stop a fight as fast as an ASP, and you will not hesitate to use it like a prohibited weapon.- Just my $.02- George

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    That one is junk, get a Manadnok or an ASP expandable baton. As with everything else...you need training with them. There is much more to a baton than it looks. Strike someone in the wrong place and they could die.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    FLA state law requires you have a CWL to carry a expandable batton.... not sure if you were wondering just about IN or not. As to Indiana, I never bothered to look it up.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I specifically reserached the expandible baton before because I was trained with one in Wisconsin years ago. I was told that the use of the expandable baton is considered to be a "dealy weapon" catagory thus it's use should be treated exactly like your firearm. That's all I have heard.

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Denney's 24/7 (yes, I note the diff.)

".... Strike someone in the wrong place and they could die....." In some cases, isn't that the entire point? Not ALL cases, but SOME??

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Be advised that in Indiana (which is not Florida or Wisconsin, you guys are just getting a rise out of me, right?) there is no state statute as to expandable or, for that matter, nonexpandable batons.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I believe any citizen should be able to carry any weapon they wish. That said a expandable baton screams police. This is about avoiding the appearance of evil. A sturdy pen in the eye like the Zebra 701 which you can carry anywhere..even in your hand, will stop a fight as fast as an ASP, and you will not hesitate to use it like a prohibited weapon.- Just my $.02- George

The Pen is mightier than the...er... um... baton?? :D

I've carried one at work (bar) since we had a knife pulling "incident." I'm not good enough with a pen to take on someone with a knife drawn or broken bottle. They have a weapon my goal it to break their arm. But if they don't have a weapon its my hands and a pen to get them out the door.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    What about truncheons, cudgels and prods? :D

So if no law regulating or denying them on the books, they are G2G? I think Mercop's idea of a "defensive pen" is a darn good one. Small, concealable and the concentrated oomph of one, no, two cans of NATO Spec Whoop-butt! :)

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I think Mercop's idea of a "defensive pen" is a darn good one.
    Don't leave home without it.

yhst-32151692617747_2050_356951.jpeg

Top Bottom