• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I know this is a matter of opinion and varies by the size of the person and pockets, but what is the largest pistol that most of you would consider for pocket carry, using a pocket holster? Right now, the smallest guns I have are a Bersa 380 and a Walther PK380 and both seem to be a bit large for pocket carry unless it's in a large coat pocket. Does a good pocket holster help enough to be able to hide the outline of something as large as the pistols mentioned above?

How about ankle carry? Do many of you folks do it and if so, what is the gun carried and holster used? For now, I mostly carry a 9mm in a Fobus paddle holster OWB with a loose shirt. That hides pretty well for me and if I need to ditch the loose shirt, I go with a tuckable IWB and my 1911. I've tried a shoulder holster, but feel a bit too much like Starsky or Hutch when I do. I can see the value in pocket carry once in a while and would like to have the ankle option if it does not mean buying another gun.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    nothing bigger than a NAA 22LR pistol. Just kidding. Probably not bigger than a KelTec p9. Or something simular. I carry a P3AT in my pocket almost all the time.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sounds like I need to go shopping. To be honest, I've never been a fan of the really small guns. But, I'm less a fan of not having any gun with me and sometimes it's tough to bring one of the bigger guns along. Dang, I hate when necessity makes me have to go gun shopping :).

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    How do you like the pt709? Looks to be pretty slim from photos I've seen. I might have to look around for one of these.

i love mine. 7+1 of 9mm in my pocket. love the ergonomics (will like it a lot better when taurus finally releases the extended mags). breaks down and works like a glock, but it has a manual safety, which i like for a pocket gun. trigger pull is long, but its not too bad. same can be said of the recoil; its what you would expect.

seems these guns are hit or miss. i think i have a good one. i have put a couple hundred rounds thru mine and it hasnt jammed yet. based on internet forums, some people have been having problems.

for $450, i say why not. but then again, i have had good luck with taurus guns. for a few more bucks you can get a glock 26, but that wont fit in your pocket. thats why i own both. ymmv.

latigo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bloomfield
    I carry a Kahr PM 45 in pocket holster, a friend has a Keltec PF 9 same size. I wear Carpenter jeans fits nice in front pocket with a little printing but holster helps, I have never had anyone ask me about it. I tried ankle holster when I was LEO for backup, found it always worked lose and I always worried about it and was hard to get to quickly. When shopping for pants I take a cardboard cut out of my kahr to try in pockets before I take them to the dressing room for a trail fit (both me and gun)

PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    I pocket carry a Glock 27 but only when I wear loose jeans or shorts. Also carry a Kel-Tec p11 the same way I use a Desantis Nemisis which takes care of most of the printting.

PsYcHo SqUiRrEl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Greenetucky
    I carry a S&W 640 in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. It does pretty well, but I'm looking at getting a different holster as I'm not completely satisfied with the Uncle Mike's. It doesn't seem to want to stay in the pocket when you draw and after it is broke in it seems to print pretty easily. It works for now and I don't think the sheeple even know about it when it does print.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I have a Kahr PM9 and a Ruger LCP. The Kahr is tough to pocket carry unless you have a big pocket. The LCP pretty much slides into any pocket.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I do not pocket carry anything larger then a Ruger LCP in a BH altered holster for pocket carry. However, when i do pocket carry my LCP i feel under powered as i am not the best shot with it ( only had it for 2 months and 380 ammo has been so hard to find).

I did carry a full size XD in cargo shorts. Would not reccomend this due to it hitting me so hard i turned black and blue :(

I wear jeans most of the time so I have never tried ankle carry.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I carry a S&W 640 in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. It does pretty well, but I'm looking at getting a different holster as I'm not completely satisfied with the Uncle Mike's. It doesn't seem to want to stay in the pocket when you draw and after it is broke in it seems to print pretty easily. It works for now and I don't think the sheeple even know about it when it does print.

I carry my S&W 642 revolver in a Galco Pocket Holster. For $20, it conceals well, feels comfortable and is easy to draw from.

Top Bottom