Page 1006 of 1011 FirstFirst ... 6 506 906 956 996 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,060 of 10110
    Thank you for the update. Hopefully this gives me some sort of idea of how long it will take.

Plinker
    Hello everyone. I just have a question about local approval times. My girlfriend and I have no criminal history, no arrests, no court restraining orders. Everything about us would check out perfectly if they ran our background checks. We bought new pistols from a FFL dealer, so the NICS was approved. I know each department has their own process times, but I think it is going to slow.

State fee and app: 11/14
    Electronic fingerprinting: 11/15
    Local fee: 11/15 Pending Local Approval

From the wait times I've read on here, it looks like this should have been submitted to ISP a week or so at best. We live in Schererville in Lake County. Should I call my local PD and ask them what's the hold up, or am I expecting to much to soon. Any input would be great.

Plinker
    Quote Originally Posted by schusterjo View Post
    Mine is taking awile as well
    10/28 paid online fee
    11/7 fingerprints paid fee
    11/9 local check paid fee

Pending ISP approval..

I know it really hasn't even been 4 weeks yet but seems how people have received theirs in less time around the same time period is kinda confusing.
    Approved today
    Took almost 4 weeks from the date I made final payment to local..

Very happy with my wait time.. was told 4 to 6 weeks and it was approved under 4 weeks..

Plinker
    From what I have read and from my personal experience local should have approved your app already.. I read on one of these post a guys local admitted that they had failed to submit it and apologized to him when he had inquired about it..

My youngest finally decided he wanted to get his LTCH. Did the final visit and payment thing at the Lawrence County sheriff's office on the 28th and got his pink card yesterday (12/5). I was impressed.
    Unapologetic Abolitionist

Quote Originally Posted by GodFearinGunTotin View Post
    My youngest finally decided he wanted to get his LTCH. Did the final visit and payment thing at the Lawrence County sheriff's office on the 28th and got his pink card yesterday (12/5). I was impressed.
    I've noticed that all 3 of my four kids who have applied for their larry (youngest will be applying in march when he turns 18)have got it back within 10 days, yet I know older adults who have waited forever. I guess the youngsters have less background to check.
    Though it's just a memory
    Some memories last forever- RUSH- Lakeside Park

Plinker
    My youngest daughter 18 just applied last Wednesday 11/29 and she received her lifetime carry yesterday 12/6, not even a full week. My oldest daughters was probably very similar 6 or 7 days. I already had a lifetime and just paid for the new laminated card and it took a month or better.

Plinker
    I called the Schererville PD today and asked what's going on with my permit application. I said according to the ISP portal, it's still pending local approval. The dispatcher or whoever answered the phone looked in to it and said "I don't know. I'm going to transfer you to the supervisor." So then I explained everything to the supervisor again, and she told me it takes 4-8 weeks. Then she said it looks like its on the Chief's desk awaiting final approval. She asked me what my cell number was and said she would call me back when she finds something out. She never called back. It's still pending local approval on the ISP portal after all that today.

Over 3 weeks in the local PD just sitting on it. Then I see others getting them back from a week to a month. I live in a high crime county in Indiana. I want my carry permit so I can defend myself legally. It's all of our rights to bare arms, and cops can't be everywhere. This is important to me, and they are just sitting on it. Upset isn't even the word I want to use. I hope they get on it soon. Robbery rates are going to be up because of Christmas. I just want to protect myself and family legally from people that carry guns illegally. I just can't get over this. This whole time, I was thinking ISP was backed up, and I could understand that. But it's my local PD making me wait, when it sounds like ISP has their process down good and pumping them out fast.

Plinker
    Received in mail today..
    Last edited by schusterjo; 12-07-2016 at 20:18.

Plinker
    Update: Schererville PD left me a voicemail this morning to tell me that there was nothing wrong with my application. Nothing is preventing me from getting my permit. She said it's on the chief's desk and in a few days after he gives the final approval, it will get submitted to ISP.

I feel a little better, but I knew my background was just fine and it would check out. I'll be happy when it gets to ISP. I'll update when that happens.