Page 958 of 1009 FirstFirst ... 458 858 908 948 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 968 1008 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,580 of 10088
    Completed online application in the late hours of Friday night May 29th including scheduling and paying for electronic fingerprints. Monday June 1st 4:00 pm electronic fingerprints taken at county sheriffs office. Tuesday June 2nd 7:45 am Paid local fee at city police department. Tuesday June 2nd 3:00 pm online status was approved. Monday June 8th received pretty pink card in the mail. 9 days start to finish.

Without going into detail I was prepared for a long wait. I've never been convicted of any crime that doesn't mean I don't have an arrest record that would take a while to read. Granted, all that was 21-24 years ago in a state far away. I expected some phones to ring and dust blown off of files and such. I would be surprised of some of those locations are up to date with technology. The last time I was through one of them last year they was actually getting a convenience store, across from the feed store, next to the baptist church, at the flashing yellow light. Heck when I was younger that place was just getting that flashing yellow light and it was the talk of the community. That was a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and was later straightened out. But the arrest is still there as are the others ones from that time in my life. But as the law states no convictions , pay the fee, resident of the state , US citizen and answer all questions 100% truthfully and you get your permit. No questions about any arrests in my life.

Now my local departments I think two things came into play. One is when I went to city police department to pay local fee the lady that runs the office window and takes care of all the was 45 minuets late and felt terrible that I waited for 45 minuets. I was at the window at 6:59, they open at 7:00am. The second is I'm in my mid 40's and sport the gray hair Ive earned and deserve on my chin and head. At both locations I had on my work shirt. I work for a very large and well know manufacturing facility in Frankfort. Why do I think that mattered? When my 21 year old 6'6 240lb son applied for his it took almost three months.. Hmmmmmmm
    Last edited by Kellyblues; 06-09-2015 at 06:54. Reason: Added info

Plinker
    Congrats on the pink slip!

Took myself and my wife exactly 1 week to the day from when we paid our local fees. Don't know if it's different for us because we have to go to the Sheriff dept since we live outside the city limits.

Plinker
    It's nice to see it isn't taking 3 to 4 months anymore.

She's also a former correctional officer and I'm currently a Sergeant at New Castle Correctional Facility and was a police reserve for a couple years. Idk if they look at stuff like that or not because I know retired correctional officers get a discount.

Plinker
    Not sure but I bet it didn't hurt having that kind of background. I've never had any criminal history never been put in cuffs and it took 9 days to approval, 12 days to the mail.

Plinker
    Quote Originally Posted by kaveman View Post
    Everybody chill and be thankful you aren't me. I'm always snakebit when it comes to having to wait for anything. I have never NOT fallen through a crack.

Filled out online and did the electronic prints, paid the local on 10/6/14. Pending local approval month after month. Started calling the locals about March but either couldn't get through or got lost in their voicemail system. Finally after 5 1/2 mos I was told it could take 6 mos and to not bother calling until then. At 6 1/2 mos it was still pending local approval and I finally got through to the actual guy in charge. To his credit, he took my number and said he'd look into it. Less than a half hour later he called me back and apologized profusely. They had sent my app to state way back when but said state had 'lost' it. Maybe,.....whatever. Anyway, he had resubmitted and the website showed pending ISP approval later that day. That was 4/20. Been pending ISP ever since so I'm creeping up on 7 mos now.

This is nothing. I once went 6 yrs on an NFA transfer and that was dealer-to-dealer. I once went 2 yrs on a form5 just trying to get my own gun back from the gunsmith(and he was a buddy of mine so I know the delay wasn't on his end).
    UPDATE,..........LTCH showed up in the mail about two weeks ago so we kept it just under 8mos. Yay!

Accept no substitutes Lectric102002's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird View Post
    Wow, that's gotta be pushing a record. Does anybody know what the record actually is?
    5 days
    Bacon - The duct tape of the meat world.

I'm with Shannon. I demand action too. Single action or double action. Either one. I'm not picky.

Quote Originally Posted by Lectric102002 View Post
    5 days
    5 is a tie. My wife held it with 6 a while ago.
    Lifetime LTCH; Lifetime NRA Member; Maker's Mark Ambassador #780040

Plinker
    5 days , I was surprised how quick the process was.