Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 121 of 377 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 131 171 221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 3768
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Why chose one when you can do both? 25 ACP in the pocket, 6" 357 on the hip.

Grandmaster LockStocksAndBarrel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock254 View Post
    Sorry wrong thread please delete my last 2 post
    If they do that you're back to just one post. Let 'em ride.
    God bless America!

Practicing traditional carry.

Originally Posted by
    eric001YUP! It's the difference between using purple and being purple...

User Info Menu

Rookie's going to be out of a job if all the n00bs start REPORTING themselves!
    Quote Originally Posted by James Marlowe
    It's easier to comply than to fight a test case.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_Frost View Post
    Rookie's going to be out of a job if all the n00bs start REPORTING themselves!
    God bless America!

Originally Posted by

Plinker

User Info Menu

I very much agree with the argument that open carry is a deterrent to criminals. The majority of criminals are VERY opportunistic and a potential robber seeing an armed individual is just like a potential thief finding a locked car. They find the risk and effort suddenly outweighs the reward. My only true concern with open carry is with individuals who may appear cocky while openly carrying. Cockiness can represent overconfidence and wrecklessness, which are scary attributes for a gun owner to possess. Openly carrying with such an appearance may cause anxiety and tension in the environment you are entering. Extra anxiety and tension are the last things I want to add to a potential attack/robbery. I guess the points I'm trying to make are that i agree with open carry because of its all around effectiveness, both psychologically and physically. I just feel that if you DO openly carry you need to also be very aware of the manner in which you publicly present yourself.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wayner430 View Post
    I very much agree with the argument that open carry is a deterrent to criminals. The majority of criminals are VERY opportunistic and a potential robber seeing an armed individual is just like a potential thief finding a locked car. They find the risk and effort suddenly outweighs the reward. My only true concern with open carry is with individuals who may appear cocky while openly carrying. Cockiness can represent overconfidence and wrecklessness, which are scary attributes for a gun owner to possess. Openly carrying with such an appearance may cause anxiety and tension in the environment you are entering. Extra anxiety and tension are the last things I want to add to a potential attack/robbery. I guess the points I'm trying to make are that i agree with open carry because of its all around effectiveness, both psychologically and physically. I just feel that if you DO openly carry you need to also be very aware of the manner in which you publicly present yourself.
    Good post

And welcome to INGO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wayner430 View Post
    Good post and welcome to
    "You see, none of us chose our end really. A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convinient at the time. This will not suffice. Remember that."

"Live with Honor, and let not your death be born by the pallbearers of, disgrace, cruelty, weakness and fear."

User Info Menu

As of RIGHT NOW there are 43 states that allow some sort of Open Carry.

On NOV 1, 2012 the state of Oklahoma will join the majority and allow OC. LINK => Oklahoma's open carry law takes effect Nov. 1

Plinker

User Info Menu

Great article. I haven't read too many articles covering open carry and this was interesting.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    As of RIGHT NOW there are 43 states that allow some sort of Open Carry.

On NOV 1, 2012 the state of Oklahoma will join the majority and allow OC. LINK => Oklahoma's open carry law takes effect Nov. 1
    From the article: "It's tactically inferior".

God bless America!

Originally Posted by