Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 122 of 381 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 132 172 222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 3802
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog765 View Post
    Interesting. My wife was also very fearful of guns due to upbringing. But somehow I convinced her to attend a 2-day basic handgun defense class with me, and that calmed her fears.

It was a very high quality class (in my opinion) and very well done. She has her LTCH also, but keeps it in the drawer. And like your situation, she doesn't seem to mind when I CC. I don't OC yet, but considering it.
    My wife has done some shooting, thanks to same great friends and their wives. She has a little less fear than she has had, but is till somewhat uncomfortable. We had an incident happen shortly after I started carrying which convinced her a well trained, level headed, smart person carrying a weapon can indeed stave off what may have turned out to be a very violent attack, but with a weapon at my side, said attacker decided that his day would be much better spent running back to his car a burning rubber farther down the road, and a thankful wife who was kept safe actually got a laugh out of the guy, "running like a girl," as Mr ruger came out to show a few teeth.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog765 View Post
    Interesting. My wife was also very fearful of guns due to upbringing. But somehow I convinced her to attend a 2-day basic handgun defense class with me, and that calmed her fears.

It was a very high quality class (in my opinion) and very well done. She has her LTCH also, but keeps it in the drawer. And like your situation, she doesn't seem to mind when I CC. I don't OC yet, but considering it.
    My wife has done some shooting, thanks to same great friends and their wives. She has a little less fear than she has had, but is till somewhat uncomfortable. We had an incident happen shortly after I started carrying which convinced her a well trained, level headed, smart person carrying a weapon can indeed stave off what may have turned out to be a very violent attack, but with a weapon at my side, said attacker decided that his day would be much better spent running back to his car a burning rubber farther down the road, and a thankful wife who was kept safe actually got a laugh out of the guy, "running like a girl," as Mr ruger came out to show a few teeth.

User Info Menu

This thread is beginning to become quite borish....
    The reason I am Peaceful, is because I like Violence and Mayhem a little to much...

User Info Menu

My IWB spare mag holster is literally a pain. Or rather, the S&W M&P 40c spare mag is a pain. The butt of the mag digs into my side.
    If I OC it, it's not jammed into my side.
    The M&P pistol doesn't really bother me so much IWB.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    This thread is beginning to become quite borish....
    It was pretty lively when Dr Ignorant came by for a visit. Anyone know what happened to him?
    Quote Originally Posted by James Marlowe
    It's easier to comply than to fight a test case.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_Frost View Post
    It was pretty lively when Dr Ignorant came by for a visit. Anyone know what happened to him?
    I'd say, you chased him off. According to his profile page, he hasn't logged one in 2 weeks..
    The reason I am Peaceful, is because I like Violence and Mayhem a little to much...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    I'd say, you chased him off. According to his profile page, he hasn't logged one in 2 weeks..

Frosty has that effect on people. He's a troublemaker.

Grandmaster LockStocksAndBarrel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosierdood View Post
    Frosty has that effect on people. He's a troublemaker.
    A radical troublemaker.
    God bless America!

Practicing traditional carry.

Originally Posted by
    eric001YUP! It's the difference between using purple and being purple...

Plinker

User Info Menu

I wear mine inside the pants concealed on my right side, with a soft leather holster, never had a problem as I wear my shirts loose.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dmg45 View Post
    I wear mine inside the pants concealed on my right side, with a soft leather holster, never had a problem as I wear my shirts loose.
    Good for you.

And we care why again?

Quote Originally Posted by James Marlowe
    It's easier to comply than to fight a test case.