Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 123 of 381 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 133 173 223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 3802

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dmg45 View Post
    I wear mine inside the pants concealed on my right side, with a soft leather holster, never had a problem as I wear my shirts loose.
    ^^^Trolling the classifieds with 35 posts as I type this. Move along, nothing to see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Marlowe
    It's easier to comply than to fight a test case.

Grandmaster LockStocksAndBarrel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dmg45 View Post
    I wear mine inside the pants concealed on my right side, with a soft leather holster, never had a problem as I wear my shirts loose.
    I could have sworn this was the OC thread. I guess it must be the CC argument thread, then.

My bad.
    God bless America!

Practicing traditional carry.

Originally Posted by
    eric001YUP! It's the difference between using purple and being purple...

User Info Menu

i always wondered why someone would OC. i get it now, in a way. show of force. quite like when countries -rattle the sabre- to get the other to stand down. i get it, i really do now.
    maybe i travel in circles where i'm not at a terrible risk of walk in bank robberies or muggings. i try and avoid areas of the latter at least.
    i'm more concerned with psycho movie theater shootings and the like.
    just my .02

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HavokCycle View Post
    i always wondered why someone would OC. i get it now, in a way. show of force. quite like when countries -rattle the sabre- to get the other to stand down. i get it, i really do now.
    maybe i travel in circles where i'm not at a terrible risk of walk in bank robberies or muggings. i try and avoid areas of the latter at least.
    i'm more concerned with psycho movie theater shootings and the like.
    just my .02
    No, sorry, you don't "get it"..

First of all, I wish I were psychic like you and could determine where and when I might need my gun for self defense, it would make things a lot easier. Me? I carry everywhere I legally can, "just in case".

Secondly, many of us OC just because it is comfortable and convenient. If I am running to the corner store, I grab my paddle holster and go..

Thirdly, there are MANY more reasons that people OC, and they are as varied as the people that carry, so, sorry, but pigeonholing OCers just doesn't work.
    "Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper;
    in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat. Such is my thesis, that the licensing of weapons is subversive of liberty and self-defeating in its pious purpose"

-Robert A Heinlein on Gun Control

User Info Menu

im not doing so whatsoever. i carry where ever im able to. my company forbids me from carrying inside the building so i dont do so. i leave it in my truck. do i put myself at risk? absolutely. i used to work in downtown cincinnatti with a very high crime rate, with crackheads literally dragging steel bumpers down the road towards the scrap place. i made a choice that my occupation was worth more than the $400 cash and power tools we kept on hand. did i make the right choice? thats for me to decide.
    personal accountability, thats my point.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HavokCycle View Post
    im not doing so whatsoever. i carry where ever im able to. my company forbids me from carrying inside the building so i dont do so. i leave it in my truck. do i put myself at risk? absolutely. i used to work in downtown cincinnatti with a very high crime rate, with crackheads literally dragging steel bumpers down the road towards the scrap place. i made a choice that my occupation was worth more than the $400 cash and power tools we kept on hand. did i make the right choice? thats for me to decide.
    personal accountability, thats my point.
    It is for you to decide.
    That's our point.
    You do what you want, within the law.
    So do we.
    We don't knock you for CCing.
    We hope people don't knock us for OCing.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

People, these days, are taught "do not trust anyone", heck, including themselves ("we're all capable of...") so why further raise their paranoia by open carrying. Not unless you wish to go the Full-Monty and take it a step further, preaching and teaching about not watching television (as it is nothing more than a Liberal brainwash machine), same for movies and music, the news, print (the entire media). And then we have the Education System... If you are not doing this, I see no point in open carrying as some great stand for freedom.

If this isn't the trip, as far as safety, if you are carrying (concealed) this is sufficient. With it being less likely that someone could get a hold of your weapon (yes, I know that it is rare, nonetheless, open makes it more possible). Another angle is to open carry in order to show the bads () that there is a new sheriff in town () who is NOT taking guff from the likes of them (). Which is ok, I suppose, though open carrying in the neighborhood could be just an open invitation for the bads to mark your home for a gun run (the preferred method of obtaining firearms for many criminals), might have the opposite result.

I'll save you the trouble:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tauler View Post
    People, these days, are taught "do not trust anyone", heck, including themselves ("we're all capable of...") so why further raise their paranoia by open carrying. Not unless you wish to go the Full-Monty and take it a step further, preaching and teaching about not watching television (as it is nothing more than a Liberal brainwash machine), same for movies and music, the news, print (the entire media). And then we have the Education System... If you are not doing this, I see no point in open carrying as some great stand for freedom.

If this isn't the trip, as far as safety, if you are carrying (concealed) this is sufficient. With it being less likely that someone could get a hold of your weapon (yes, I know that it is rare, nonetheless, open makes it more possible). Another angle is to open carry in order to show the bads () that there is a new sheriff in town () who is NOT taking guff from the likes of them (). Which is ok, I suppose, though open carrying in the neighborhood could be just an open invitation for the bads to mark your home for a gun run (the preferred method of obtaining firearms for many criminals), might have the opposite result.

I'll save you the trouble:

LOLWUT?
    Quote Originally Posted by James Marlowe
    It's easier to comply than to fight a test case.

Grandmaster LockStocksAndBarrel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_Frost View Post
    LOLWUT?
    I was getting ready to translate that one, Frosty, but then I tried to do it and...oh hell no!

I'm just going to go watch some TV, maybe catch a movie, read a newspaper, listen to some music and maybe go teach a class or two.

I'll be ever alert for 5 year old girls and be sure to act like the new law man in town, too.

Are you with me?
    God bless America!

Practicing traditional carry.

Originally Posted by
    eric001YUP! It's the difference between using purple and being purple...

User Info Menu

JFC

"Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs