Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 124 of 377 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 134 174 224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 3768

User Info Menu

In principle, yes JFC but the purpose here is to defend those that do from attack by ignorant gun owners and public and also to encourage the thought that there can be benefits to OC that should be explored on a personal level yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Marlowe
    It's easier to comply than to fight a test case.

User Info Menu

Just tired of CCers telling us how wrong we are.
    But then get mad when anti gunners tell them how wrong they are, and don't see the irony.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Marlowe
    It's easier to comply than to fight a test case.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_Frost View Post
    Yep.
    When you gonna change that sig line?
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulF View Post
    The bunny is legion. It cannot be banned.
    I cut grass for a living

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tauler View Post
    People, these days, are taught "do not trust anyone", heck, including themselves ("we're all capable of...") so why further raise their paranoia by open carrying. Not unless you wish to go the Full-Monty and take it a step further, preaching and teaching about not watching television (as it is nothing more than a Liberal brainwash machine), same for movies and music, the news, print (the entire media). And then we have the Education System... If you are not doing this, I see no point in open carrying as some great stand for freedom.

If this isn't the trip, as far as safety, if you are carrying (concealed) this is sufficient. With it being less likely that someone could get a hold of your weapon (yes, I know that it is rare, nonetheless, open makes it more possible). Another angle is to open carry in order to show the bads () that there is a new sheriff in town () who is NOT taking guff from the likes of them (). Which is ok, I suppose, though open carrying in the neighborhood could be just an open invitation for the bads to mark your home for a gun run (the preferred method of obtaining firearms for many criminals), might have the opposite result.

I'll save you the trouble:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulF View Post
    The bunny is legion. It cannot be banned.
    I cut grass for a living

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_Frost View Post
    LOLWUT?
    What he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbseniour View Post
    Remember the lessons of the American Revolution and the Battle of Athens, if government gets too out of hand the people have the right and responsibility to correct that situation.

User Info Menu

It's sad that how someone carries a firearm is even a discussion. In a perfect world everyone shouldnt care at all. Unfortunately it's a different time. Kids and even most adults (at least in the bigger cities) are not raised near or around guns. They have no idea what to think. The media is the only knowledge some of these people have. Ignorance will never go away. Those that o c are prepared for any public scrutiny. Most people are to afraid and are never going to say anything out loud to you about it. There isn't a wrong or right way to carry. Cc is a modern way to do it, oc is old school to each his own. Maybe someday there will be a section in history class dedicated to guns. When our grandparents were kids having and using a gun was a way of life. No one in my family has a firearm accept one, my grandma. She packs a 38 special in her drawer and told me she knows now to use it. That's just how she was raised.

User Info Menu

This will always be a hot issue and thankfully in Indiana it doesn't matter which side of the fence your on regarding the issue. I do both, like many on here have said depends where I'm going.

User Info Menu

Just curious if anyone who open carries is worried about public alarm and unwanted attention. I remember many years ago when I received my first carry permit, a Sherriff told me that open carry would not be advisable due to the public overreacting to the site of an armed person. I would think someone would call the police to report “there is a guy in the Marsh store with a gun.” Has anyone who open carries have an incident where police were called and things got interesting?

User Info Menu

Gee, what a swell group INgun is.