Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 329 of 371 FirstFirst ... 229 279 319 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 339 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 3703

User Info Menu

Just thought I would bump this ..... been 5 days .....
    I shoot slow, and hit every time!!!!!

Donald J Trump, is MY President .....

You, can't HANDLE, the TRUTH !!!!!

YOU, want ME on THAT wall,

YOU NEED, ME on THAT wall .....

User Info Menu

If we could get the folks in the first time OC confrontation thread to come over here it would be nice.

The member formerly known as blue falcon.
    To avoid misunderstandings.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blue falcon View Post
    If we could get the folks in the first time OC confrontation thread to come over here it would be nice.
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

User Info Menu

I'm here! Although, you probably weren't talking about me since I'm in favor of open carry.

User Info Menu

Actually I have some data to add that I got from BBI after the Defensive Concepts 1 class.

In Marion County there is an upsurge of OC-ers being targeted by gangs. The surround the victim and disarm them. In one case the victim was on a creeper under a car and when he rolled out, armed thugs robbed him. In another case a workman on a flip house was taken inside at gunpoint and stripped to make sure they got all of his guns.

I OC unless the weather makes me cover. I live in Lake County and have not heard of this.

User Info Menu

Actually I have some data to add that I got from BBI after the Defensive Concepts 1 class.

In Marion County there is an upsurge of OC-ers being targeted by gangs. The surround the victim and disarm them. In one case the victim was on a creeper under a car and when he rolled out, armed thugs robbed him. In another case a workman on a flip house was taken inside at gunpoint and stripped to make sure they got all of his guns.

I OC unless the weather makes me cover. I live in Lake County and have not heard of this.
    Two incidents? The plural of "anecdote" is not "data".

Those sound like situational awareness issues, not OC issues. Guns can be shiny objects, just like a Rolex or Air Jordans. And people alone, such as on a roller underneath a car, or working alone in a house, are easy marks.

User Info Menu

I think, I am not absolutely sure He said 11 Incidents.

User Info Menu

@blue falcon, hearing of those accounts from him actually made me start carrying more ammo, to boot. Before I was only carrying a reload in crowded areas, but since the class I've taken that extra magazine even when I'm just going to the corner store. And I might start carrying a second reload as well, before long. I would rather not find myself wanting in the situations described.

Plinker

User Info Menu

A gun is no different than a rolex. If it's valuable and out in the open someone may try to take it from you.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by airrifle82 View Post
    A gun is no different than a rolex. If it's valuable and out in the open someone may try to take it from you.
    And if you are wearing long sleeves, no one knows you are wearing a rolex, but them might target you for looking like you have something they want.
    Μολὼν λαβέ