Join INGunOwners For Free

Poll: Would you support minimim training requirements for the Indiana LTCH?

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Indiana LTCH Training Requirements

If the Indiana LTCH were recognized in as many states as is say the non-resident Utah and Florida permits, would you be willing to obtain the required minimum training and possibly have the Indiana LTCH to include a picture of the holder?
    Last edited by public servant; 02-04-2010 at 10:24.
    ACAB

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by public servant View Post
    If the Indiana LTCH were recognized in as many states as is say the non-resident Utah and Florida permits, would you be willing to obtain the required minimum training and possibly have the Indiana LTCH have a picture of the holder?
    All of us old guys would be grandfathered in. You would have ask the people without a permit. My guess is that anyone wanting to conceal carry would take any class thats needed.

Why do we have to get a "permit" to carry a gun. Doesn't make sense.

User Info Menu

Making OPTIONAL training as a requirement to get a widely-accepted license sounds good on the surface. The problem is that the work required to change "OPTIONAL" to "REQUIRED" is minimal and can easily be passed by the legislature at any time. Under no circumstances do I support required training to exercise a Constitutional Right.

Meh.

User Info Menu

I wouldn't be opposed to training. More than likely, our LTCH would be accepted by more states by adding training and a photo.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMonkey View Post
    All of us old guys would be grandfathered in.
    But say you weren't grandfathered in to obtain the upgraded, new LTCH. Would you still support the additional training?
    ACAB

User Info Menu

No.

No f*****g way.

My sister in law is 'qualified' to carry in more states than I am but at the range I had to show her how to load her pistol. The qualifying courses are bogus crap and lead to a false sense of security.

If you want to increase reciprocity then make an OPTIONAL second level but don't screw up our system.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scutter01 View Post
    Making OPTIONAL training as a requirement to get a widely-accepted license sounds good on the surface. The problem is that the work required to change "OPTIONAL" to "REQUIRED" is minimal and can easily be passed by the legislature at any time. Under no circumstances do I support required training to exercise a Constitutional Right.
    This.

The State Police can just barely handle getting LTCH's out the door in the time required by law. Sometimes, they cannot do that.

How would you like to have to wait a year or two for them to have a class open for you? Or we could go to a system where we pay private trainers... and thereby implement what is effectively a "poll tax" where poor folks cannot afford to carry.

User Info Menu

Since we are on topic, does anyone have a reccomendation for such a class ? I want to get my Utah carry permit, and need to take one.
    Together we stand, divided we fall.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IndianasFinest View Post
    Since we are on topic, does anyone have a reccomendation for such a class ? I want to get my Utah carry permit, and need to take one.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/tactic...-_99_95_a.html
    ACAB

User Info Menu

Nope. Why restrict ourselves more to appease other states?

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast