• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I just recently moved from danville to avon and need to change my address on my permit. Do I go to DPD or APD to change it? Another thing I have heard both ways is, is my Permit invalid until my new one comes in our do I even get a new one?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You notify IPS and you don't get a new LTCH unless you send them $20 and request a new copy.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Indiana State Police

From the ISP website:

My name or address has changed. Do I have to pay for a duplicate license?

No. Complete the “Duplicate Handgun License Request and Notification of Name or
    Address Change Form” and mail or fax the form to the firearms section. Check that you
    are notifying the section of your information change only. The change will be made in
    the firearms database and there is no fee for this service. If you want a license issued
    with the changes on it, then yes, the $20 fee for the duplicate license does apply.

Duplicate License form

ISP website (click on Firearms Licensing on the left)

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    thanks Scutter, blond moment had I, just wasn't clicking for some reason..:n00b:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    By the way, you have 60 days to notify the ISP of a change of address. Because they don't re-issue your license, your old one continues to remain valid.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm not planning on changing mine, but just curious... Do they issue something to acknowledge receipt of the change, so they can't later say you didn't inform?

Blessings,
    B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Bill, if they do, its news to me. Its a good idea, but when I did this 1 year ago, they did not send any receipt or in any way acknowledge my new address.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm not planning on changing mine, but just curious... Do they issue something to acknowledge receipt of the change, so they can't later say you didn't inform?

Blessings,
    B

I don't think they do, but I know you can call them and ask them to verify. I don't know for sure that they don't, however.

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    You got some pink paper and are you good with photoshop or photo studio?

Im not saying not to notify, but $20 is stupid for a change of address.

You can bet if I move I will be changing my own address on my license.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    But can I just change my address through the database and not worry about my actual permit. I mean they look that kinda stuff up on the computer anyways when they are verfiying your info right?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

I would not recommend forging your own license. Either leave it as is, which is perfectly legal, or spend the $20 on a new copy.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

I would not recommend forging your own license. Either leave it as is, which is perfectly legal, or spend the $20 on a new copy.

Agreed. Do what you want, but since it's laminated (it IS laminated, right?), it's an easier, and probably much more legal thing to simply put a sticker with the new address on the face of the LTC. I'd probably put one in the corner also, advising the date of change.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    B

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Agreed. Do what you want, but since it's laminated (it IS laminated, right?), it's an easier, and probably much more legal thing to simply put a sticker with the new address on the face of the LTC. I'd probably put one in the corner also, advising the date of change.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    B

A sticker on the back with the new address and date of change is what I'd go for as well.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    There would be nothing wrong with photochoppin your own if you have notified them. Hell I did mine via email to ISP.

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield

What part is forging? If they have the new one on file and you make it match thats not forging. Your not trying to deceive anyone.

So lets say he notifies and then sends in the $20 bucks and gets his new license. Now what would be different about it and the one he just made? The $20 bucks. I guess they need that $20 bucks, because the license was so cheap they must be going broke.

chicken.gif

Top Bottom