Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

I have been advised never to waive a constitutional right protecting my liberty.
    It would serve us all well to memorize this line! My daughter was stopped by the police last year and they bullied her into giving permission to search the car. I taught her the line "you have no reason to search my car, and you don't have my permission" but I think I like this one better.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Good post. I recommend having a card in your wallet which you can hand to the cop advising him of your refusal to waive your rights.

I know David Schalk, an aggressive criminal defense attorney in Bloomington, has a card printed which he encourages you to put in your wallet for moments such as these.

It says substantially:

I do not consent to any search.
    I wish to remain silent.
    I demand an attorney, and I will not speak without my attorney present.

My attorney is David Schalk, 812-336-9093, and he will explain why.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the information!!!

User Info Menu

What a great post, thank you for the info

KAS
    Plinker

User Info Menu

That's great but who will remember all of that, in the heat of the moment, without notes? The onus remains on the law-abiding.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KAS View Post
    That's great but who will remember all of that, in the heat of the moment, without notes? The onus remains on the law-abiding.
    1) Copy
    2) Paste into WORD
    3) Print and carry
    4) Ask me via email for a copy of the wallet size version so you can print.

KAS
    Plinker

User Info Menu

fair enough - you are, after all, the Jedi master and I am just learning. I've only had a carry permit 3 months. I have much to learn

Plinker

User Info Menu

Don't forget the most important step: comply completely. You do not know what reasons and limited information that the law enforcement officers are working with when they stopped you.

If you disagree with their actions, court is the place to handle it, not the street.

User Info Menu

Plus 1 for jordan...that is how citizens get jammed up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JordanN View Post
    Don't forget the most important step: comply completely. You do not know what reasons and limited information that the law enforcement officers are working with when they stopped you.

If you disagree with their actions, court is the place to handle it, not the street.
    You're kidding , right? Comply completely? Submit to a search for no reason?
    My motto is, deny, deny, deny. Ask for a lawyer. Never admit to anything. Go spend a night night in jail but never give any information that will cause you an extended stay.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast