• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I would like to know, if and when I receive my LTCH am I required to carry the same handgun every time I carry or can I switch from day to day or week to week.

I guess what it's supposed to mean is if I want to carry my 380 one week and then decide to carry my 1911 or 9MM the next, is there any instruction or IC about this? Or is it simply as long as I have my LCTH I can carry whatever I want as long as it is legally owned by me?

Thanks everyone....bacon for all answers

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You can carry 24 handguns with you at one time. Or an AR pistol. or a jennings 380 or what ever your heart desires.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Actually, it is pretty common to switch depending on the weather and what clothes you wear. Many carry larger/heavier handguns when it is cool and it is easier to cover. When it is summer and it is harder to wear cover garments, some switch to a smaller/easier to conceal firearm.

You can freely switch from day to day or outfit to outfit as appropriate.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    After I read it, I guess I should feel dumb...but if you don't ask you won't know. Thanks, I don't know where or why I come up with the question. I guess it had something to do with registering your firearm. But, since you don't have to do that then there would be no reason to report/change the sidearm you're carrying.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    That's okay. "Do I have to register my guns" has been asked a hundred times, but at least you asked an original question. ;)

FYI-
    If you are new to guns in general or Indiana laws, the INGO FAQs have a ton of good info. Well worth your time to browse. Oh, and whatever you do, don't say anything negative about bacon... :draw:

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    No reason at all to feel dumb..............

You won't know if you don't ask!

Also, I believe there are a few States that recquire specific guns to be listed as your carry guns, and you either have to stick with those or update what is stated on your permit.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I've been in here for several weeks off and on reading different posts, the search tool is awesome, and have found a lot of answers to a lot of questions. However, there are still questions I have and I have read some rather sarcastic replies and since I don't handle criticism well, I choose to read and learn and not ask too may questions.

I will never say anything bad about bacon, my cholesterol may be high, but bacon is still my companion.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    After I read it, I guess I should feel dumb...but if you don't ask you won't know. Thanks, I don't know where or why I come up with the question. I guess it had something to do with registering your firearm. But, since you don't have to do that then there would be no reason to report/change the sidearm you're carrying.

The only dumb question is the one never asked.

BTW whatever your LTCH says on the back is what type of gun you are qualified to carry.:D

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Indiana requires you to carry these in shoulder holsters.
    500px-CSODDE.jpg

In all seriousness carry what you want, until you get your license you can just sling a 12 ga over your shoulder. :D

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I guess since I don't have the LTCH yet, I don't know what it says on the back...therefore I had to ask "what". I understand the Purple sarcasm rule. I guess it just flew right over my head.

Bacon for all, good dinning!!

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    It is a licence to carry a handgun....any gun you want. Go out and get a hundred if you want and carry a different one each day or change each hour if you want...LOL

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I agree with all...carry what you want. My choices depend on where I am going, and what I will be doing. I switch off from time to time...depends on my mood.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ryandeleeuw340
    Top Bottom