Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Que
    Meekness ≠ Weakness

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by XDinmyXJ View Post
    I agree you have every right to have a gun. I want everyone to exercise that right but I guess I am just too polite of a person to pull that. I understand that he shouldn't have been dressed like a less than desirable person. The thing I hate is that these people don't hang signs out for you to see but they get so uptight about you having a gun in their store. I apologize and didn't mean to call you a dick or anything but like I said I am just a polite person and wouldn't have acted in that way.
    XD, in this case I don't see what he did wrong? I didn't hear where the young man said, "Excuse me sir, can I please speak with you, just for a moment, when you have completed your purchase?" He could have then taken him to the side, out of earshot and the embarrassment of being called out.

The LP is there to PREVENT LOSS, I didn't know they were there as security, but I may be wrong. But, either way, he was acting as a representative of the store and should have acted accordingly. We do not have to support businesses who do not support us. But, to each his own.
    Rudeness is the weakest person's demonstration of strength.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by infidel View Post
    O RLY?

Would you be ok if the store had signs outside saying "No n******" or "No seniors"?

Do you just go through life trying to please everyone, no matter the obscenity of their requests?

Whats wrong with having a little back bone and sticking to your morals? Thats what the hell is wrong with this country today. Not enough people telling someone to **** off and stand their ground.

Good job OP. Thanks for sticking up. I will never shop at that Kroger.
    Dude I have been fighting a physical disease my entire life. I know when to stand up and say **** off, trust me. I stick to my morals quite well. WHen someone asks me to drink I say no, same with cigarettes and other smokeable things. I mean hell, I already walk bad enough why do I need to drink or get high or smoke a cigarette and make it hard to breathe. **** that, I want to be here as long a possible.
    I like things that go bang, pointy things and Jeeps......I'm Broke!

User Info Menu

Never knew it was against the law to conceal carry in Speedway.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zphique View Post
    XD, in this case I don't see what he did wrong? I didn't hear where the young man said, "Excuse me sir, can I please speak with you, just for a moment, when you have completed your purchase?" He could have then taken him to the side, out of earshot and the embarrassment of being called out.

The LP is there to PREVENT LOSS, I didn't know they were there as security, but I may be wrong. But, either way, he was acting as a representative of the store and should have acted accordingly. We do not have to support businesses who do not support us. But, to each his own.
    I am going to look into the Kroger thing more but I have seen a few Kroger threads on here before and want to know the policy behind it. As for the guy I know here. He wears his name tag and title on his neck. Yeah the dude should have been more polite to him as well and i should have also worded that differently as to not make you guys think I am a complete dick and on his side.

Que
    Meekness ≠ Weakness

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by XDinmyXJ View Post
    I am going to look into the Kroger thing more but I have seen a few Kroger threads on here before and want to know the policy behind it. As for the guy I know here. He wears his name tag and title on his neck. Yeah the dude should have been more polite to him as well and i should have also worded that differently as to not make you guys think I am a complete dick and on his side.
    Anything can be taken the wrong way on the internet. Let us know what you find out from their HQ.
    Rudeness is the weakest person's demonstration of strength.

ATM

User Info Menu

I OC at Kroger all the time and have never been approached.

Must just be that one guy.

www.reveresriders.org

Say no to drugs. Say yes to bacon!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Williams View Post
    You have every right to support anti-gunners, and others who do not respect the rights of Americans.
    Technically, anyone living in Speedway, paying property taxes to the same municipality that takes this approach, or shopping in Speedway is doing that too. One of the reasons I moved out of Illinois with no intention of going back, among others.

Aside from that, good call. If they don't want your money, they can pound sand.

I would be curious to know if this is corporate policy or if it's just some wannabe LP tough guy unilaterally being a tool.
    Slow is slow, and slow is not fast.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zphique View Post
    Anything can be taken the wrong way on the internet. Let us know what you find out from their HQ.

Will do.

User Info Menu

The OP did the right thing. I would have voiced my opinion and done the exact same thing. He did a very good job. He wasn't being a dick at all. The situation from the Kroger dude should have been handled a lot different. I think that next time anyone is approached by someone at Kroger, you should get his info and report him.
    Best. Christmas. Ever.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...tmas-ever.html

Adoption Journey.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...ml#post6072842

Lost? Try GPS.
    God's Plan for Salvation.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    Just say.. "I'm not with the police department if that is what you mean"

Technically you are being truthful.

Or you could have just shot him a dirty look and then ignored him entirely.

One might have to respond to a LEO's questions, but not a security guard.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast