Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBusch8899 View Post
    Oh for Christ sake, all that Kroger wishes is that you conceal your firearm when you enter their store. Ergo, they don't wish for anyone to open carry.

I'm all for seeing naked women too. However, it doesn't mean that I want to view their genitalia while I'm shopping the dairy aisle. That aisle is reserved for the breasts.

The "in your face" approach to private enterprise in regard to carry issues, is rarely successful. Pushing the issue not only hurts all parties involved, but the cause as well.
    really? you didn't see my post then where I clearly stated I had put a jacket on over my gun and the jacket must have shifted. I wasn't asked to cover, I was asked to leave it in the car or not return. I chose to not return.
    The Corporate bigwigs can say all they want, what the little guys running the stores do though is not always the same.
    No doubt exists that all women are crazy; it's only a question of degree ~ W. C. Fields

User Info Menu

Oh for Christ sake, all that Kroger wishes is that you conceal your firearm when you enter their store. Ergo, they don't wish for anyone to open carry.
    But in the Kroger in Speedway if they just want u to cover it up they are asking you to break the law, I know its not an enforced ordinance right know but that could change at any time depending on who's the chief.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrsGungho View Post
    really? you didn't see my post then where I clearly stated I had put a jacket on over my gun and the jacket must have shifted. I wasn't asked to cover, I was asked to leave it in the car or not return. I chose to not return.
    The Corporate bigwigs can say all they want, what the little guys running the stores do though is not always the same.
    I'm not doubting that some idiot at the store told you this. I'm also not doubting your belief, as I believe it as well, that some idiot higher up in the corporate chain was responsible.

However, now that there is a stated and published corporate position on the subject for Indiana, we all have the necessary power to effect the change locally.

Despite the history, let's take a more cautious approach to this matter now. It has the potential to benefit everyone.

User Info Menu

What??? You cant CC in Speedway ??? I grew up in speedway, and lived there til I was 30 years old and CC'ed every day and never knew that !

ATM

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brick House View Post
    What??? You cant CC in Speedway ??? I grew up in speedway, and lived there til I was 30 years old and CC'ed every day and never knew that !
    Of course you can - it's just illegal.

What an awesome excuse to OC!

www.reveresriders.org

Say no to drugs. Say yes to bacon!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by XDinmyXJ View Post
    I know the LP guy at the Kroger here so I'll ask him what their policy is at the columbus location. WE can conceal here so its probably not as big of a deal. Also, It seems like he asked you politely and you went into dick mode and acted like an ass. You could have just said ok. Then you ended up spending twice as long in another store trying to find stuff they didn't have. I do wish people weren't so damn uptight about guns though! Flame away guys thats my stand on it! Kroger is my store of choice because they always have what I need and its easy to get into and out of.
    Dick mode?? That guy had NO BUSINESS asking about his handgun. It is legal and has NOTHING to due with loss prevention. The kroger employee was out of bounds on this. If you believe in having a right to carry then that means not having to cover up or leave it in the car. That is bull****.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by XDinmyXJ View Post
    I agree you have every right to have a gun. I want everyone to exercise that right but I guess I am just too polite of a person to pull that.
    The British are renowned for their politeness. Guess who now owns this big ass country known as the U.S.A.? Politeness can be a grave downfall when something big is at stake. And basic human rights are about as big as it gets...

User Info Menu

One might have to respond to a LEO's questions, but not a security guard.
    You don't really have to respond to LEO's questioning either.

"Have I committed an infraction or an ordinance violation? Am I free to go?", is all that really needs to be said.

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bglaze View Post
    You don't really have to respond to LEO's questioning either.

"Have I committed an infraction or an ordinance violation? Am I free to go?", is all that really needs to be said.
    ...Unless they are asking about your LTCH status. Then you either have to answer or not mind going to jail for carrying without a license. Granted you will be released when they finally find out that you have one but why go through all the drama for the same end result?

User Info Menu

If I owned a store, I would post signs at all entrances that read, "We encourage all licensed gun owners to carry freely and openly while shopping with us."

After all, I would want to create the safest and most risk-free environment as possible, and I believe these signs would accomplish that.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast