• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bosaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2013
    Is there any blue book or other resources that can help determine the value of a full auto weapon? I am trying to price several pieces but don't want gun ban scare pricing nor wholesale pricing, just fair market value. Blue Book of Gun Values was not much help unless I missed something. Gunbroker.com was not much help unless I missed something there too. Please let me know some good resources.

Best Regards,
    Bosaw

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    machinegunpriceguide.com is probably the closest you come to a blue book value. Feel free and pm me and we talk offline about MG values.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Best source is a dealer that sells many of them or gunbroker completed auctions. Newly sold guns are the only real way to get a feel of the market.

In the last 6 months I have brokered several M16's, M16A1's, M11/9's, H&K MP5's, M10's, DD's, SBR's and Cans.

indianaarsenal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    valparaiso IN
    this is a loaded question.. if it is "common" gun then you cannot and will not get top $$ to much competition.. something rare or hard to find? a mac 10 or a 1921 thompson.. that is another story.. then there is always what kind of gun it is.. tranferrable, pre or post may sample, or C&R, dewat, rewat, factory built or conversion, etc, etc. also depends on the if on form 3 or 4.. some people do not want to pay the extra $200. as for wholesale vs retail .. all depends on how fast you want it to sell . a week , month or several years.. it is in the end only worth what someone will pay.. I sold a 1919a4 made by chuck hudack last spring .. his guns were the best of the best in plate guns.. it sold for $12,500 alone w/o anything else in 7 days, which was 2000 higher then other plate guns were selling for.. everyone was telling me it was only worth 6000-8000. . yea right.. the best source is closed auctions on gun broker , I always throw out the high and low and go a little above average on the rest.. you are not looking for 10 people to buy , just one that cant live with out it.

I have never seen an accurate "book" just accurate research.. but if you do not want to mess with all that.. just give frank goepfert or ruben mendiola a call.. you will have $$$ asap after you say yes to them..

best of luck

Don

bosaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2013
    possible ad outside of classifieds

The pieces I want to price are (and I will include all the information I have on them as listed on ATF Form 4 and other known history):

1) Bushmaster XM15-E2S Machinegun 5.56mm
    Purchased from Bushmaster at a premium as the last transferable machinegun manufactured (letter from Bushmaster authenticating it as so).
    Gun has had 200-300 rounds through it with all documentation.

2) Group Industries UZI registerd as .45 ACP/9mm/.22cal
    UZI is chambered in 9mm. New in box. Never fired.

3) Fleming Firearms HK Machine gun sear registered in 9mm,.223, and .308
    It is currently in an HK93 A-2 Fixed Stock model purchased from service agent of unknown origin to me.

I will be looking into your suggestions and thanks for your fast response.

Best Regards,
    Bosaw

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Based on my recent sales:

The pieces I want to price are (and I will include all the information I have on them as listed on ATF Form 4 and other known history):

1) Bushmaster XM15-E2S Machinegun 5.56mm $15,000-$20,000 depending on if you can find a buyer that cares about the letter.
    Purchased from Bushmaster at a premium as the last transferable machinegun manufactured (letter from Bushmaster authenticating it as so).
    Gun has had 200-300 rounds through it with all documentation.

2) Group Industries UZI registerd as .45 ACP/9mm/.22cal $9000-$12000
    UZI is chambered in 9mm. New in box. Never fired.

3) Fleming Firearms HK Machine gun sear registered in 9mm,.223, and .308 $25,000-$28,000
    It is currently in an HK93 A-2 Fixed Stock model purchased from service agent of unknown origin to me.

I will be looking into your suggestions and thanks for your fast response.

Best Regards,
    Bosaw

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    just watch sturmgewehr.com the NFA section , you will see what people are asking and you can figure out the dealers , check with local NFA dealers for individuals looking to sell due to the economy..may save a few ,, anything is better then nothing..

Top Bottom