• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I have squirreled away a little cash in order to buy my first suppressor, I don't know a whole lot about NFA stuff but a buddy of mine who's into NFA stuff suggested I look at getting the AAC Ranger II, but I thought I'd see what other people thought before I plunked down my money on one though.

I know that it is not quick-detachable & that it isn't the quietest 5.56 suppressor on the market but the price seems decent enough & I only plan to use it on a dedicated host.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    It is a darn good 5.56 can which AAC gives a 28-30db in reduction. It is 6" in length and adds just about 4.5" in the overall length of the gun. Which those two thing taking in to account makes for an excellent suppressor.

In my experience with this can it is "hearing safe" outdoors, but I do suffer from HFHL. I do like it's short overall length and it's pretty light weight, so on a 16" gun it doesn't become overly cumbersome.

Another option in the same class it the SWR Mfg. Wolverine. For the sake of the argument think... Chevy Silverado vs. Ford F150.. Very close in size, the SWR is a few ounces heavier, but to me is just a tad quieter.

We do have both of these cans in the shop and I'd be more than willing to show them both to you, and possibly set up a time to demo them if you're wanting..

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    If you are looking at a screw on can at a good price, check out Tim at SAS. I've got one of his .30 cal cans.a nd am very happy with it. I imaginge his .223 can would be just as good and very competitively priced. he's down in Evansville, too, so you're supporting an Indiana based small business.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Thanks Gamez, I'll come up and visit after the holidays are over & check them out! Slow Hand the SAS M-445 does look interesting, thanks for the heads up!

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I've got an M4-1000 on the way.. Same Fast-Attach as the M4-2000 but at 1/2 the cost and about 4db less in reduction with only about an extra inch in size.

Top Bottom