• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I walked a block to the bank to have copies of my Form 1's made. For some reason they could not get the front and back sides of the forms on a single sheet of paper, like an original form should be.
    Is this a problem?
    Thanks

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I walked a block to the bank to have copies of my Form 1's made. For some reason they could not get the front and back sides of the forms on a single sheet of paper, like an original form should be.
    Is this a problem?
    Thanks

Id to to a place that specalizes in making copies....... Like FedEx/Kinkos or something.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    How do I make a SBR? So you want to make a SBR. OK, here is a walk-through to get that job done:

Step 1- Submit the appropriate paperwork and forms. You will need to submit to BATFE the Form1 in duplicate ( http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-1.pdf ), a set of fingerprint cards ( from the BATFE distribution center, order fingerprint cards number [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WVATF0800 ), and a Citizenship Certification ( http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5330-20.pdf ). With the Form1, if you choose to print off the .pdf files from the website, you must make sure to print the form as a 2 sided document. If you submit the forms printed on one side only, they WILL be rejected.

Step 1.1- You will need to take your completed forms to your local CLEO or Chief Law Enforcement Officer (Sheriff or Police Chief) for him/her to sign.

Step 1.2- You will need to have your fingerprints done on the cards you ordered. These must be done (and signed) by certified personnel. You can take these with you when you obtain your CLEO signoff and get both done in one trip.

Step 1.3- Get a passport photo of yourself to affix to the Form1.

Step 2- Obtain a check or MO for $200 made payable to BATFE.

Step 3- Mail all of the above to: NFA branch, Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Suite 1250, Martinsburg, WV 25405.

Step 4- You must have your firearm engraved with your Name, City and State because you are the "maker" of this SBR. The engraving must be in a conspicuous place on the barrel or receiver of the firearm. Abbreviations are acceptable as long as they are common. Example, abbreviate John Smith, Indianapolis, Indiana as "J. Smith, Indy, IN. While you are waiting on your forms to be approved is a great time to get your engraving done. Your rifle is not a SBR yet (because you don't have the approved forms) and you'll be 100% legal the instant you get your forms back.

Step 5- Upon reception of your approved form, you may now assemble your SBR. Have Fun!!!!!
    [/FONT]
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Need a place to shoot? Check us out at MCFG. We're on the West side!

Email me

There you go

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Sorry but I wasn't clear in my OP. These are approved Form 1's.
    Still it seems to me that it should all be on a single piece of paper.
    I'll have to go someplace and get this taken care of.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Sorry but I wasn't clear in my OP. These are approved Form 1's.
    Still it seems to me that it should all be on a single piece of paper.
    I'll have to go someplace and get this taken care of.
    You basically have a couple different options here.

Scan it (always a good idea to have digital copies too) then print it front and back (who doesn't have a printer/scanner at home nowadays?), get the copies made double sides somewhere else, or live with them.

As long as these are already approved you'll be fine with the latter option, but I think the best option would be the first 1 or 2. I did the number 1 option, I have digital copies of all my forms, and that way I can just print them out at home by myself to any size I want, and by manipulating print options I can get front&back on each sheet no matter what size I want.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    All good advice. Thank you. I'm not very high tech but I'll have the GF work on this for me.
    Now I'm wondering if I can save them to a flash drive. When the gunslinging, whiz-kid GF gets home we'll see what she can do.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Ya color two sided copies are very easy for anyone with a computer and scanner printer, ask around and I'm sure someone will square you away close by, If will if you want to drive I will make you color copies that are two sided. That said I can't see two sheets being a problem it is a "copy" which is just your proof that it is registered.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    combat45acp I appreciate the offer but we have it taken care of.
    I checked and it's 3-1/2 hours from here to your place. Wish you were closer.
    Thanks again.

Top Bottom