Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

User Info Menu

Anyone request a form lately? I keep getting a CGI script permission error when I submit my request.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Great video it helps out with all of the confusion dealing with ATF. There is so much misinformation with form 1 paperwork

User Info Menu

Is it customary for the sheriff signing the Form 4 to keep a copy?
    I want something fast enough to do something stupid on.

User Info Menu

In the area where you designate caliber, is "multi" an acceptable entry?
    I ranch only the finest quality felines for the world's most discerning palates.

Keeper of the Hammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cat-Herder View Post
    In the area where you designate caliber, is "multi" an acceptable entry?
    No. I'm assuming you mean a Form 1, but only put in the caliber of the build.

User Info Menu

I have gotten forms through listing multiple calibers. 9mm, .223, etc. I don't believe "multi" would work, but then I've never tried.

When I did this I was registering just a sear. If you're building a AR for example in .223 and you later put a 9mm upper on it, I don't believe that will be a concern and it doesn't require you to list that caliber on your Form 1.

I could be wrong, the people to ask would be the ATF.

Keeper of the Hammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by full-auto View Post
    I have gotten forms through listing multiple calibers. 9mm, .223, etc. I don't believe "multi" would work, but then I've never tried.

When I did this I was registering just a sear. If you're building a AR for example in .223 and you later put a 9mm upper on it, I don't believe that will be a concern and it doesn't require you to list that caliber on your Form 1.

I could be wrong, the people to ask would be the ATF.
    You're right. I know of several people that have had to correct Form 1's lately for listing mulitiple calibers. As Full-Auto said, once you have the approved Form 1, you can put another upper on it of what ever you want. The ATF asked that you notify them of a permanent change, but that's not even required.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MontereyC6 View Post
    You're right. I know of several people that have had to correct Form 1's lately for listing mulitiple calibers. As Full-Auto said, once you have the approved Form 1, you can put another upper on it of what ever you want. The ATF asked that you notify them of a permanent change, but that's not even required.
    Thanks. I had a friend clear it up for me, too. The answer that seems most correct is: You put down the caliber of whatever you're building. You can swap uppers later and as long as you retain ownership of the original upper, you don't need to contact ATF. The reason for my question is I have a lower marked "multi".
    Thanks, INGO!

I ranch only the finest quality felines for the world's most discerning palates.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3