• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    After I meet with SSNFA today, I'm going to have a need to visit my local CLEO and ask for his autograph. :rockwoot:

I'm in Noblesville and was wondering if anyone has been through the process there recently and could let me know if there are any weird hoops to jump through and what the turn around time is.

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    Sorry, can't answer your question, but I plan to purchase a can today and if my schedule allows, I'll be going to see the chief this afternoon.

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    Thanks for the info, Scutter. I read your post but didn't know if anything had changed in the last couple of years. Here's hoping it's the same as it seems pretty reasonable!

Dirc - I'll likely be going tomorrow on my lunch break!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks for the info, Scutter. I read your post but didn't know if anything had changed in the last couple of years. Here's hoping it's the same as it seems pretty reasonable!

Dirc - I'll likely be going tomorrow on my lunch break!

There's a new Chief in the position since I got my suppressor, but as I said, I've heard it's still no problem.

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    Done. In and out in just a few minutes. The woman that assisted with the prints indicated I would likely be able to pick the signed forms on Monday. Essentially a 24 hour turn around since I got there just before they closed today. So far so good...

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    Done. In and out in just a few minutes. The woman that assisted with the prints indicated I would likely be able to pick the signed forms on Monday. Essentially a 24 hour turn around since I got there just before they closed today. So far so good...

I took mine in at around 2:30. They told me Monday as well.

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    Since Monday was a holiday, they missed that mark. They called me yesterday afternoon (Tuesday) saying it was ready. I picked it up and shipped it off to Atlanta with a money order.

Now the waiting begins for real.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    My last took 3-4 days. Back in Oct. Had an easier experience in Noblesville than Indy, which wasn't too bad.

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    Well, I finally got a call today - after calling 3 times last week. Apparently, there are only 2 people in that building that know what NFA forms are and what the process is - the Chief and a young lady at the front desk. (PM me if you are going through the process and need her name.)

Anyway, this young lady was out sick 3 days last week so no action at all was taken on my paperwork until today. I imagine that if all is normal, you would get your paperwork back in a day or two, but just beware if she or the Chief is not there, no one else is going to know anything about the status of your paperwork or how to get it pushed through.

I'm not upset with anyone in particular (and I can't blame the young lady for being sick) It's just the process - or lack thereof in the admin department that could use a little improvement.

HTH

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    That doesn't surprise me. They called me about 1:00 in the afternoon. I showed up at around 3:00 and the person who called me wasn't there. The lady who helped me didn't know anything about the paperwork, and the only thing that saved me is that I could see it through the window on the desk with my picture.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Top Bottom