• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    First off if I have a registered pistol lower does it need to be complete, as in does it need to have the pistol buffer and LPK if I have a sub 16" upper in the house? And if I have one pistol lower or registered sbr lower am I only allowed to have one sub 16" upper in the house?

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    First off if I have a registered pistol lower does it need to be complete, as in does it need to have the pistol buffer and LPK if I have a sub 16" upper in the house? And if I have one pistol lower or registered sbr lower am I only allowed to have one sub 16" upper in the house?

On the pistol lower, just make sure you don't have a stock on it.

You can have mutiple SBR uppers for one SBR or pistol lower, just make sure that any regular AR15 rifle lowers that you may have have a 16" or longer upper on them.

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    Another question, if I have a lower pistol or rifle that is marked with the cal. as .223/5.56 when I re register as an sbr can I add another caliber to that such as 9mm? And if I can does it need to be engraved to show the additional calibers?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Once you receive your approved form1 back from the ATF, you can put any length/caliber upper on it you want, temporarly*. No need to mark anything on the lower other than your info.

*What I mean by "temporarly".
    You must remember that you filled out the form 1 to build a "specific" SBR configuration, you really should build the gun to match the info on the form 1.(Lets call this your "base SBR config". However, if you plan on making a permanent change to the guns "base" config, you need to send a letter to the NFA detailing the change, they will send you a letter to acknowlegde what you have done and to make a note of it in the registry.

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    Once you receive your approved form1 back from the ATF, you can put any length/caliber upper on it you want, temporarly*. No need to mark anything on the lower other than your info.

*What I mean by "temporarly".
    You must remember that you filled out the form 1 to build a "specific" SBR configuration, you really should build the gun to match the info on the form 1.(Lets call this your "base SBR config". However, if you plan on making a permanent change to the guns "base" config, you need to send a letter to the NFA detailing the change, they will send you a letter to acknowlegde what you have done and to make a note of it in the registry.

So what your saying is if I have both an sbr upper in 9mm and .223/5.56 and the atf has on file that it is setup in .223/5.56 I could spend a day at the range with the 9mm upper and I would be ok?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom