• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Lots of people stay away from NFA toys because of the myths surrounding their purchase and ownership. Here is a list of what I think are the top myths surrounding NFA ownership. This is ongoing and if you'd like to see something added please PM me.

#1---ATF can search me and my home any time they want. This is simply made-up, not true, and hogwash. By simply owning NFA goodies, you do not give up your 4th ammendment rights. ATF can not search you or your home without your concent. Period.

#2---Machineguns, Suppressors, etc. are illegal. The federal government has not made ownership of these items illegal. You can own a machinegun, silencer, short rifle or short shotgun as long as you follow the guidelines laid down by the NFA. For a look at these, please see the NFA FAQ sticky in this forum.

#3---You need a license to own NFA goodies. Dealers need licenses to sell NFA items. Buyers need simply to pass a background check and pay a one-time $200 per item tax to own them. Again, see the FAQ.

#4---You have to pay the tax on your items annually. Again, the tax is on the transfer of the item. It is a one-time thing. Once you pay it, the item is yours and you never owe Uncle Sam any more money for the priveledge of ownership.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom