• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Is it better to pay with a personal check, money order, certified check? Does one way or the other make it go any quicker?

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Personal check, so you can track when they cash it..;)

Last edited:

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I usually pay with a personal check, that way I can keep track of the timeline of that particular NFA purchase.

In reality, any of the forms of payment you mentioned are OK, but none will speed the process up any.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Can't believe nobody else has the same reason as me.... I paid with a Money Order so my wife wouldn't see a $200 check to the BATF. I can come up with $200 to buy a MO, but wouldn't have as much luck writing a check. She doesn't mind the collection, but I didn't necessarily get a "PO" for this one.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Can't believe nobody else has the same reason as me.... I paid with a Money Order so my wife wouldn't see a $200 check to the BATF. I can come up with $200 to buy a MO, but wouldn't have as much luck writing a check. She doesn't mind the collection, but I didn't necessarily get a "PO" for this one.

You know that most banks offer a free basic checking account, right? :shady:

Just sayin'. :cool:

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    booooo, what bank do you deal with? I've found they are harder to deal with than ever..............please help OP out!

I deal with several, but Chase seems to have some decent free checking options. And, the good news is that they are everywhere, so getting access to your cash quickly is easy (if necessary of course). ;)

Top Bottom