• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onetwoonetwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    somewhere in the dark
    Governor Mike Pence. it seems like he signed the bill into law.
    got an email that says it take effect July 1.

"House Bill 1563; now Public Law 289, repeals Indiana’s current prohibition on the use of a suppressor while hunting and also strengthens Indiana’s shooting range protection law. Effective on July 1, this law now provides hunters in Indiana the same opportunities available to sportsmen in more than half of the country. For more information on hunting with suppressors."

the email is from: NRA-ILA alerts.

so, i guess, hunters rejoice.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    This is all discussed in the hunting with suppressors thread and you can glean 99% of the info from the last 4 pages or so. And its really easy to weed through them because 90% of those last 4 pages are "Yay".

In short, yes auto knifes and suppressors are in the bill along with a multitude of other things. Gov Pence signed it last Friday or Saturday IIRC so you're behind the curve on this one...

:rockwoot:

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Interesting. So can anyone bring me up to speed on federal laws regarding auto knives?

Reading the wiki, article it says, "The Switchblade Knife Act, prohibits the manufacture, importation, distribution, transportation, and sale of switchblade knives in commercial transactions substantially affecting interstate commerce"

That sounds pretty restrictive and would make it difficult to get a quality knife.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I have never owned a switch blade, have looked at a lot of them online, but now I will have to pony up the cash to buy one, after July 1st.

Top Bottom