Thread: Governor Mike Pence

User Info Menu

Governor Mike Pence

Governor Mike Pence. it seems like he signed the bill into law.
    got an email that says it take effect July 1.

"House Bill 1563; now Public Law 289, repeals Indiana’s current prohibition on the use of a suppressor while hunting and also strengthens Indiana’s shooting range protection law. Effective on July 1, this law now provides hunters in Indiana the same opportunities available to sportsmen in more than half of the country. For more information on hunting with suppressors."

the email is from: NRA-ILA alerts.

so, i guess, hunters rejoice.

User Info Menu

Got that same e-mail. Does anyone know if the legalization of spring-assist knives was in that same bill?
    Proverbium Arrogans Latinum

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LANShark42 View Post
    Got that same e-mail. Does anyone know if the legalization of spring-assist knives was in that same bill?

that would be o.k. as well. i have a couple of Pro-Tech Godfathers and would love to have one with me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LANShark42 View Post
    Spring assist knives are legal. Auto knives are illegal, until July 1st

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

This is all discussed in the hunting with suppressors thread and you can glean 99% of the info from the last 4 pages or so. And its really easy to weed through them because 90% of those last 4 pages are "Yay".

In short, yes auto knifes and suppressors are in the bill along with a multitude of other things. Gov Pence signed it last Friday or Saturday IIRC so you're behind the curve on this one...

User Info Menu

Interesting. So can anyone bring me up to speed on federal laws regarding auto knives?

Reading the wiki, article it says, "The Switchblade Knife Act, prohibits the manufacture, importation, distribution, transportation, and sale of switchblade knives in commercial transactions substantially affecting interstate commerce"

That sounds pretty restrictive and would make it difficult to get a quality knife.
    No such thing as gun control, only centralizing gun ownership in the hands of politicians.

User Info Menu

PRE-BAN HIGH CAPACITY FULL AUTO ASSAULT AMMUNITION CLIPZ

Plinker

User Info Menu

Glad the Gov did well

User Info Menu

I really miss Mitch, but it looks like Mike is awesome too!
    The one who trades his FREEDOM for SECURITY does not deserve EITHER!

User Info Menu

I have never owned a switch blade, have looked at a lot of them online, but now I will have to pony up the cash to buy one, after July 1st.
    The unarmed man is not only defenseless - he is also contemptible.