• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zepan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I had a guy offer to sell me his integrally suppressed 9mm AR15 SBR. As much as I wanted to do the deal right then and there I was hesitant on the suppressor. How do you clean them? It is made by SRT Arms and seems like a nice piece but didn't want to get into something that is going to be a pain. Any advice would be appreciated.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I know this doesnt answer your question in any way, shape, or form, but Im not a big fan of integrally suppressed since it limits you to use on only that one firearm. I prefer to be able to use mine suppressors on as many guns as I possibly can while still being safe.

Sorry for going off topic, but just something I thought worth mentioning if this were to be your first suppressor purchase.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    many [most?] centerfire pistol cans dont come apart for cleaning anyway, so no big loss there. And as for the barrel's bore, I'd just clean it like a normal barrel, being carefull not to loose a patch or something in the can portion.

that said, I'm not a huge fan of integral cans for the reasons mentioned above. About the only reason to justify one on a 9mm is to be able to blead off presure early in the barrel to limit velocity on otherwise supersonic rounds, eg 115s. Load/use 147s and there is no advantage to integral cans, imo.

-rvb

zepan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Thanks for the advise. I do realize the wait of the two stamps that will be required. I would definitely agree with you guys on the limited use of a can. As long as there are no crazy drawbacks with it being integrated. It's priced right and looks really cool so it looks like there will be an anxious wait in my near future.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Also be sure to verify that it is over 16", and that the gun can not function without the suppressor. If the integral can be removed, have an SBR length barrel, and function, then that is not acceptable.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I had a guy offer to sell me his integrally suppressed 9mm AR15 SBR.

I do realize the wait of the two stamps that will be required.

Also be sure to verify that it is over 16", and that the gun can not function without the suppressor. If the integral can be removed, have an SBR length barrel, and function, then that is not acceptable.

Seems it's already registered as an SBR.

-rvb

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Integrally suppressed is the quietest suppressors made. I have some and they are 30% quieter than screw on.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I have an SRT integral 9mm. You don't clean it. Doug, the guy who builds them, told me you didn't need to clean it. I get some carbon deposits, but I just spray some CLP down the can, and blast it with air. No biggie.

The way mine is set up, it runs all rounds subsonic. I shoot 147 gr. handloads, and it's super quiet. My suppressor is also about 14 inches long...

Top Bottom