• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Did a search on the forum as well as the net but didn't really turn up much info. My 1st pending date was 3/14 called yesterday just to check and they said 2nd pending date was 7/12. Does anyone know what the 2nd pending date means ? Never had that on my 2 other NFA items. Thanks

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Did a search on the forum as well as the net but didn't really turn up much info. My 1st pending date was 3/14 called yesterday just to check and they said 2nd pending date was 7/12. Does anyone know what the 2nd pending date means ? Never had that on my 2 other NFA items. Thanks

From what I've read, your second pending date is when your forms go from the trainees to the examiners for final approval, signature and stamp.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    I can confirm all of this. First pending means paperwork received, in a pile. Second pending, or better said, Pending Final Approval, means that you passed the first look and avoided any immediate errors. The regular examiners are expected to complete that second part within 90 days. I went "Pending Final Approval" on 7/3/13 and have not received a completed stamp. 90 days from 7/3/13 would be 10/1/13. That would mean just short of 8 months for my stamp.

-Dobber

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I have been told the same, but I was told by the operator of NFATracker that the second pending date is unofficial, and is wildly inaccurate. He said he has had numerous people contact him about it (myself included) and there is no consistent number of days from second pending to approved.

I went first pending on April 2, and second pending August 1.

Top Bottom