• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zipper89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Is it legal for me to own a m16 FA Parts and have it in my AR without a RDIAS? Do they require NFA Papers? I Know what the parts consist of that is not my concern. I have seen them selling online just curious of how legal everything is.
    I am refusing to the m16 fire control group and bolt not the third pin and auto seer.

Will the fit in a standard spikes tactical three position receiver?

I know this is getting in to ruff territory here. But i wish to stay on the Green Side of the law here.

Yes i know RDIAS = 20k and up and require NFA papers.

i do not own any parts just want information.
    Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The interesting thing about the last letter is that it seems to contradict the commonly held belief that you can possess multiple short uppers for SBR's and machine guns in addition to legally assembled Title I firearms. Hmm....

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    The same thing holds true with the Ruger 10/22 rifle and Ruger Charger pistol, basically a cut down 10/22 in a pistol grip. If someone has a spare stock for their 10/22 rifle, then they can be considered in possession of an unregistered SBR because they could put the charger into the 10/22 stock.

Gunner

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    M16 fire control group will NOT fit in an AR lower receiever. The bolt and bolt carrier are common in numerous semi auto AR's and actually makes them more reliable in my opinion.

If I recall, the only part that won't fit is the auto sear.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Yes, they will fit.

Yes, you will go to jail if they catch you doing it.

There are aftermarket AR triggers with much a better feel, no creep and a clean break anyway... Better off not having the FA parts, except the BCG.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    If you own only the parts, but no AR to put them in, you're legal. But what good is that?

What if I bought an AR, and my wife bought FA parts?????? Don't do it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The same thing holds true with the Ruger 10/22 rifle and Ruger Charger pistol, basically a cut down 10/22 in a pistol grip. If someone has a spare stock for their 10/22 rifle, then they can be considered in possession of an unregistered SBR because they could put the charger into the 10/22 stock.

Gunner
    Nope, this is nothing like full auto parts being discussed. ATF has no problem with you having a pistol version of a rifle where parts are interchangeable. Reference the Beretta Neos pistol and Carbine kit. Perfectly legal to have a pistol with a rifle stock that fits on it provided you don't assemble the rifle stock on to the pistol before taking off the pistol barrel and installing a neo-constitutional 16 inch barrel first.

Top Bottom