• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Looks interesting. One thing that concerns me though is gas leakage from the gas-block. They even mention the gas leakage on the page discussing the custom 3-hole plates. They mention that they suggest your gas hole for the use with your suppressor be the middle hole so the gas leakage will be split between right and left instead of unbalanced one way or the other.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I think this looks like a much more promising solution, and ~2/3 the price.
    (I have one waiting to be installed once I get some stamps back)

.750" Adjustable Low Pro Gas Block by Syrac Ordnance | Syrac Ordnance

-rvb

The problem with that is "adjustable" is infinitely variable instead of having a number of fixed gas ports. With switchable you can have a number of predetermined port sizes and you just set it to the size and know it's running to provide the best functionality. With a true adjustable like that you end up with an allen wrench adjusting the gas port trying to remember if it was 1/4 of a turn or 1/8 of turn you need to make when switching from super-sonic to sub-sonic with a suppressor. With switching mechanisms it's already predetermined, you just have to remember which port is for what.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    that's true, and what's better depends on how often you plan on twiddling with it. If you look at a gas system as something that constantly need twiddling for whatever reason, then maybe that solution is better. If you look at an adjustable as a way of tweaking port size and leaving it set, then something like the syrac is better.

-rvb

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have ordered a few and will try to get customer feedback posted. The concept is pretty slick. Sounds like a small company, entrepreneur sort of company too which I like supporting.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I have one. I'm still waiting for the stamp for my Liberty Torch QA to arrive, hopefully tomorrow.

I'll report back how the entire setup runs.

What I do like is the ease of switching the plate positions.

Here it is installed on my 12.5" SBR under a Midwest Industries Gen 2 SS forearm.

MI-Gen2-SS-rr.jpg

MI-Gen2-SS-lr.jpg

MI-Gen2-SS-1024x433.jpg

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have one. I'm still waiting for the stamp for my Liberty Torch QA to arrive, hopefully tomorrow.

I'll report back how the entire setup runs.

What I do like is the ease of switching the plate positions.

Here it is installed on my 12.5" SBR under a Midwest Industries Gen 2 SS forearm.

MI-Gen2-SS-rr.jpg

MI-Gen2-SS-lr.jpg

MI-Gen2-SS-1024x433.jpg

Thank you! I have 2 HTA kestrels in jail until sometime this summer. I plan on both cans being on my sbr's fulltime and I want to cut the gas back to cut down on the gas blow back. This looks like a viable option.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Update...the NFA branch finally found the time to mail my stamp, 2 weeks after being approved.

I did some informal shooting yesterday. With the block set on supperessed, the ejection was controlled and there was very little gas in my face.

I'm hoping to get to the range today to see point of aim/point of impact change.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Nice! I hate to ask, but can you get some video with the gas block and can while running a few rounds? Based off your review so far, Im pretty sure I will get pick one up.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Nice! I hate to ask, but can you get some video with the gas block and can while running a few rounds? Based off your review so far, Im pretty sure I will get pick one up.

It might be a while for I do. I was shooting by my self I just have a cellphone to record it. Might have to wait until my shooting buddy get's back from his vacation.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Sounds good! Did you have any function problems?

Nope, not a one. Brass landed about 4 feet to the right, all in about a 3 foot circle. I'm hoping get back there next week and run some Tula through it too see how some weaker powered ammo does.

Today I able to get to the range. No shift in point of aim/point of impact, in fact it tightened up groups that were already pretty good. I shot 300 rounds today. No issues.

If possible, I will try and get you some video.

Last edited:

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I was not able to get you any video, but today I ran another 300 rounds through my SBR with the Liberty Torch QA and the Gov'nah had no problems with the Tula or 855 ball.

Top Bottom