My favorite NFA Day memory is . . . . . .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Since it was just announced that NFA Days have been discontinued after 6 wonderful years ( https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/class-iii-nfa/348997-no-nfa-days-year-brown-county.html ), I thought it would be great to reflect back on the event and share those memories that continue to stay at the forefront of our minds.

Here are my Top 3:

1. The people. I've met SO many awesome people by being involved in NFA Day. The guns are great, but its the people that really made the event.

2. The guns. So many guns were crossed off my bucket list during NFA Days. I'll never forget the iconic thump of the Colt Tommy Gun, or the smooth action of the MP5.

3. The food. NFA Days were really food events that had some shooting. Favorite food memory? Pulled pork sundaes!

2ustuma.jpg

What do you remember most?

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Without a doubt, the people! Followed closely by, the FOOD!! :):

And then, the first time HotPocket got to shoot a KEG 12. She wasn't even a member back then, you all allowed her to join us as your guest, ATM called her guest all day too :lmfao:. She had to have one of these after having so much fun with it! :rockwoot:

[video=youtube_share;SIrM9INzZJg]http://youtu.be/SIrM9INzZJg[/video]

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    1. The food. This is really why everyone signs up for NFA day.
    2. Shooting a full mag out of the PPsh and finishing it before the first piece of brass hits the ground.
    3. The HUGE smiles that last all day from new people who've never experienced NFA day.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Really disappointed that we will not be doing NFA Days this year. I went to my first last year and it was a day I'll never forget. What a blast.

I am not a Ribs fan, but Lovemywoods is a Ribs genius!!! They were without question the best Ribs I ever tasted.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I only attended one... and it's hard to pick a favorite 'moment'.

I actually stated that "I was tired of the property" and the look on LoveMyWood's face was memorable. I gather he'd never heard anyone say that about his place before. I apologized later, explaining that I had been tired from the work involved pre nfa day, and the multiple drives back and forth (I am not a morning person).

Few people saw it, but giving esrice his half of the esrice/que heart badge was funny... even though he didn't think so ;)

But hand's down, seeing all the work come to fruition on the days of the event was really awesome. More often than not, I don't see a finished product until several months later, and by then, the luster has worn off. Participating in, and seeing the 'icing on the cake' was pretty cool. Everyone seemed to enjoy the small details, and that made me feel like we accomplished something good. I cannot thank LoveMyWoods enough for putting him through the torture of cutting out those targets last year, in addition to all of the other work he put into the event in terms of planning, setup, cooking, etc...

I learned a ton (being new to NFA) & I look forward to other events with INGO'ers, promising to make it a little easier on folks :)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Realizing that we have hosted a safe, educational, enjoyable and successful event for SIX YEARS IN A ROW is quite a memory. :)

Baptizing others into the Church of the Brass Rainbow is a noble and worthy cause, and seeing the looks on people's faces after their first machine gun mag dump or suppressed .22 shot made all that work well worth it.

Since others have identified the People, Firearms and Food as obvious highlight areas, I'll list mine:

PEOPLE
    - hanging out with like-minded folks shooting guns is always fun, as is putting faces to the screen names I see on INGO every day. But my best NFA Day "people" memory is shooting machine guns in the rain with my Dad in 2011.
    dad_browning1919_zpsfac43eb7.jpg

FIREARMS - lots of candidates here, from the signature sound and classic lines of the historical Thompson Submachine Gun, to the searing muzzle flash and table-clearing blast of the AR-47, to the pointless, stupid fun of the Serbu Super Shorty... but my personal favorite of all the guns I've fired at NFA Days over the years would have to be the MM-23E.
    [B]http://youtu.be/u4QzB3UcVXg[/B]

FOOD - Oh. Oh my. Whether it's an INGO pitch-in or catering by Papa Roux, the food at NFA Day has never disappointed. My all-time favorite item of deliciousness, however, HAS to be Hot Pocket's legendary peanut butter brownies. One year they managed to make it to the event, even though she did not! :o
    2012-10-09_02-36-51_597_zps13ae81b8.jpg

Thanks to my fellow INGOers on the Organizing Committee, to our vendors, and to Dave and Jenn, for putting on an excellent event these past several years and for making so many great memories for so many people. I can't say I'm sad we're not doing NFA Day this year, but I am looking forward to that next great INGO event, whatever it may be.

:ingo:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I was fortunate to have attended a few NFA Day events and concur with everything noted - each was truly awesome.

Favorite memory?

Gotta be Addyson.

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    Meeting the people was always my favorite, followed closely by watching the grin come across someone's face as they ran a mag through the Thompson. Sadly the second will not happen anymore. Financial issues forced me to let it go. The transfer just completed a couple of weeks ago. It has gone to a great home with a few other colts, so I can't complain.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Meeting the people was always my favorite, followed closely by watching the grin come across someone's face as they ran a mag through the Thompson. Sadly the second will not happen anymore. Financial issues forced me to let it go. The transfer just completed a couple of weeks ago. It has gone to a great home with a few other colts, so I can't complain.

Good the hear from you 'Nut'!
    Your Thompson holds a special place in my memory of NFA Day experiences. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I can't possibly pick just one, so here are a few.

• The first "mag-dump" on Noob Day. (had never been around FA fire)
    • My first "mag-dump" (had never even fired an AR at that point)
    • Peanut butter brownies.
    • Attempted Tannerite tree-removal
    • Miraculously remaining uninjured (mostly) after falling down the hill on 2 of my 3 visits
    • Glock 18
    • Alpha-Hornet's "Git in zei choppah!!!"
    • Andrew using an M-16 as a table to make a sandwich
    • Peanut butter brownies again
    • Dual-wielding Serbus
    • 75rd drum AK mag-dumps
    • Getting the pic for my signature ↓

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    Can't pick just one favorite..... Some of them (no particular order)
    • The hospitality of Lovemywoods & family
    • The people
    • MG-Freakin'-42
    • Uzi's many toys
    • The food

Saddened to hear that this event will not continue, but very grateful that I had the opportunity to participate last year. Thanks again for everyone who helped put these events on. So many things I will never forget.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    My first mag dump. Uzibutton's uzi. I still am smiling about that one. My life motto changed that day to "Everyone should have an Uzi."
    Lovemywoods and the family's hospitality. They are the greatest.
    The fact that I really, really, really, really, really want a full auto. I think that is the worst part about the "most expensive free event you'll ever be at".
    FOOD!
    The hill of doom!
    Lovemywoods property. That is one of the best pieces of land in the state!
    I will truly miss NFA day, even though I only attended on. I was looking forward to signing up again!

Top Bottom