• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    So, as we all know, a short-barreled shotgun is illegal here, but an AOW is just fine. Of course, the selection of AOWs in shotgun calibers is rather limited unless you want to find an old Auto and Burglar gun or something of the like. Now, supposing one had a pair of double-barrel shotguns, a band saw, a tig welder and a lot of patience, would it be possible to cut both receivers in half ahead of the breech face (where there's no moving parts), swap the fronts/rears to each one, weld them up and reserialize them, would it be possible to register them both as AOWs on a pair of form 1's at this point, provided the buttstocks never touch them until they're cut into pistol grips. and the appropriately shortened barrels and forends aren't cut to their <18" length.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    No. A SBS is anything "...made from a shotgun..." no matter how you slice it (heh heh) what you are describing is still "...made from a shotgun..."

pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    But once the receiver has been cut in half, it's no longer a shotgun, it's two chunks of metal. Once it's rewelded without a buttstock attached, it's a virgin receiver.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'm surprised nobody is putting out unused receivers. You'd think Century could import some of the bare receivers that are used on their coach guns. There's a good potential market there.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Register a flare gun as a DD, then put a 12g insert into the barrel. Heck, you could then even mount the flare gun under the barrel of your favorite evil black gun, all legally, because it would be a DD instead of a short barreled shotgun.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Here is my idea... Saiga 12 at 8" on a pistol receiver with a sig brace! Thoughts?

Sounds like a hand full! I'd shoot it! The trouble is I don't think there is a approved wrist brace for that? So you are in charted territory. Design it and get it approved and go in to business! Then retire a millionaire!

Top Bottom