• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 0750turbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Pittsboro
    I know there is a list in the sticky area of shops that are class 3 dealers but most just do class 3 transfers and/or stock suppressors. I'm interested in shops that have machine guns in stock for sale.

Thank you

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Thanx I am aware of those but I really want to buy in state.

Technically you can purchase outside of state, but you have to transfer to an instate dealer, then to you. Transferable machine guns are very expensive and very few are available compared to regular firearms. (guess is 120,000 to 150,000) Depends on what you want. If you go to a dealer, most can get in what you want. Most dealers do not stock, because it ties up a lot of money for something sitting on a shelf. You can tie up $100,000 in a half a dozen firearms pretty easy and those are not the expensive ones.

Best is to know what you want and get a price of what they are going for. Then see if a dealer can find one at a good price for you. Just a heads up. If you buy a $10,000 machine gun and have it transferred to a local dealer, you pay the dealers transfer price and it is yours. If you have the dealer buy it and buy it from him. The sales tax on a $10,000 machine gun is $700. (7% still right??) I am guessing the dealer may want a decent deposit for such an expensive item. Not sure if you know but there are very few new transferables, so most likely you are getting a used gun.

I have bought in and out of state. Out of state especially from an individual you sure want some good references. Probably the reason you don't want to do out of state.

Good luck and open to any questions you have.

This may help with a few prices...
    Machine Gun Price Guide
    Click on price guides at the top.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    With the price as high as it is you'd be way ahead to buy one out of state and save the sales tax.

Or buy in state from a private citizen. You'd only have one transfer fee and no sales tax. I'm seriously thinking of listing my small-pivot Colt SP1 for sale soon, and would prefer to sell it in state so that the buyer could see it in person.

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Decatur
    Or buy in state from a private citizen. You'd only have one transfer fee and no sales tax. I'm seriously thinking of listing my small-pivot Colt SP1 for sale soon, and would prefer to sell it in state so that the buyer could see it in person.

That's another option, but it's not always very easy to find what you're looking for, especially if it's an uncommon MG.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Not to disrupt the thread, but I am currently shopping as well, curious about what is available. Thanks!

Darren

I don't think it is about what is available, more like how much do you want to pay?? I thing the guy with the M134 mini gun just dropped the price to $325,000. What a deal!!!

DarrenL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2014
    East-Central
    I don't think it is about what is available, more like how much do you want to pay?? I thing the guy with the M134 mini gun just dropped the price to $325,000. What a deal!!!

Yes, like with anything in life... I think there are nice guns out there for sale, but owners aren't necessarily "sellers" because they prefer a low profile or don't want to deal with the volume of responses from a for-sale ad. Now I have to get my post count up to 50 so I can reply to private messages...

Darren

SSE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Tippecanoe Co.
    1. Find out what you want.
    2. Find out what they selling for.
    3. Post it here and anywhere else you can.
    You might get some replies from In. dealers as well as individuals

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    Four guns in Lafayette had one of those mini-14 full autos with the folding stock for 10k. And applied ballistics USED to have a couple uzis and an MP5 for sale

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom