• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    Been looking into getting a 9mm suppressor.

I have narrowed it down to the Griffin Armament Revolution 9 or the Silencerco Octane 9. I like the looks of the Osprey but I don't like that it isn't user serviceable, which might not be a big deal.

Any advice or opinions on the suppressors I am considering?

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    If you decide to go with the Octane, send me a PM and I can give you the info of an out of state dealer selling them for $400 shipped on a Form 3 to your dealer. I'm currently waiting on an Octane 9 and a Ti-Rant 9. Of the two, I think I'll prefer the Octane but so far I've only put less than 250 rounds through either.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I have 2 Ospreys and I really like them. The only issue is finding lights that will fit. The Streamlight TLR-3 does fit and is a really good little light so that's not a problem for me anymore.

I am all about paying for what you really want and for me it was the Osprey but that $400 Octane is a great deal.

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    I will check out the Tirant as well.

I like the way the Osprey looks and it will just be used on the range so I am not all that concerned about lights, however I do have a TLR3 so no worries there.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I will check out the Tirant as well.

I like the way the Osprey looks and it will just be used on the range so I am not all that concerned about lights, however I do have a TLR3 so no worries there.

More than looks is that it covers less of the sights than conventional cans. Don't really need tall sights. It does look cool too.

looks like AAC is also coming out with an off center suppressor too.

Bsubtown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 19, 2013
    Dekalb county
    I am planning on ordering an Osprey 45 which I know is not on your list but... My reasoning was that I would never have to order another pistol suppressor. If they change the way that trusts are allowed to purchase I may never buy another NFA item. The 45 made sense to me despite the fact I don't own a 45 nor any pistol with a threaded barrel.

To answer your question though, I like the Griffin stuff that I have seen. I have not really seen a good reason to be concerned about being able to service a pistol can; a 22r can on the other hand is a must. The Osprey makes up for the serviceable part in that the serial number is in a place where baffle strikes will likely not ruin the regulated part.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I am planning on ordering an Osprey 45 which I know is not on your list but... My reasoning was that I would never have to order another pistol suppressor. If they change the way that trusts are allowed to purchase I may never buy another NFA item. The 45 made sense to me despite the fact I don't own a 45 nor any pistol with a threaded barrel.

If I was going to purchase a .45 can with this train of thought, I'd get the Octane 45 and put a 9mm end cap on it if needed. The large bore diameter of a .45 can causes them to not suppress as well as a 9mm can.

Top Bottom