• ...and so much more!
  • Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    So just want to tell everyone how well the easy trust from SilencerCo worked. I did my first can as a individual and waited 8 months in 2014. Well like most others now I have the NFA bug so I started a .300 black out build (SBR). I found the easy trust when shopping for a .30 cal can and reading about the Omega. I new I had to get a trust in place and after talking to a friend who works in the media, his specialty is suppressors, I went and purchased the easy trust from Silenerco. It's super super easy pretty much fill in the blanks and triple and double check it hit submit. I printed it all off and took it home. Next I joined the ATF efile website super easy!! I mean super! Took me 2 mins to get a log in. Once logged on I was amazed how easy it was to Efile a SBR, I mean drop down boxes for manufactures names and locations. I used this same iPhone to file it by taking photos of the printed easy trust. Once I was done filling out all the boxes and hitting submit the payment box came up. Grabed my bank card and paid the 200 buck stamp. After that done. Wait..... It goes pending right away so no need to call, you can also log in and check statues of the form. Now with the easy trust I did not know if it would work with the ATF so by day 70 I was getting worried I wanted to call but held off. Low and behold at day 73 while at work heard a ding on my phone and there was a email non discript saying ATF status change. Opened email and there the stamp was in PDF form. Grated it was not a pretty stamp like when they mail it back but 73 days and filing from my phone is money. The easy trust worked, I have me, my wife and brother on it both kids will be when over 18. According to the ATF online news letter efile for form 4s(supprosers) should be back online by later this year. I am not gonna wait and send in one but man it would be nice if you could efile. Another nice feature of the ATF web sight is "the ask the expert" option. I had two legal NFA questions, used it and got emails back within 24 hours. I feel good about this and printed them so if ever questioned about the questioned length and what not to add I had the answer that was given by the ATF themselves. Over all the ATF web sight was very nice and easy to navigate, I only use my phone to surf. The easy trust did its job and now I have my SBR. Some people might not like the easy trust for what ever reason and that's fine. For the cost, it was written by a SilencerCo, the ATF must be seeing a ton of them so it makes them go right threw, it was great for me. Next is what .30 cal can to buy for the 8.3 inch shorty

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    They seem to point out specific legal problems with the trusts. Should be easy enough to verify if you have one. Fixing it on the other hand... not so much.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I bought mine from SilencerCo as well and have yet to fill it out and sign it. I`m going to print it out tonight and fill in the blanks and take it to get it notarized tomorrow. Also you can just send them pictures of your trust off your phone? I always thought it had to in a PDF file lol.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I did really use pictures from my iPhone they give ya the option when ou efile. If you have a iPhone there's a free app called "scanable" you hold the phone over the document and it takes a picture and makes it into a PDF. It stores it on your phone work great!! I would have used this if I would have know about app. Also sorry I can not PM back not enough posts yet I put 1 U.S. Dollar and no serial # on last page FYI. Hope this helps good luck hope you get your stamp or stamps back quick! I'm about to put a can in jail myself.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Imagine that, a gun trust lawyer not liking the Silencer Co one.

The ATF doesn't either. In fact 100's of them are currently littered with errors that are mind boggling. Add in the fact that Silencerco's own disclaimer for using their trust basically says that it may not work and we're not legally liable for any legal issues as a result of it, make me say no.

Use a local lawyer with firearms litigation experience.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    to each there own I thought someone might like to know how it worked for a average guy. I to be honest am not so paranoid that the ATF will spend that much time on a item and if they do they would reject the form and lesson learned.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    How much to review the one I have and make amendments if needed? And can I keep the same trust without moving the NFA items already in there? That would be interesting to know for everyone and myself.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I recently got a trust from NFALawyers.com for $99.

Have a Form 4 and Form 1 pending so we'll see; being backed by an attorney who offers no-cost amendments, advice, ect. make it a fantastic value IMO.

Top Bottom