• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have been putting off an AK SBR, of some sort, for a long time. Mostly because I wanted something non traditional and prefer milled guns.

That said, I picked up a CAI C39V2 earlier this year, and frankly despite CAI's past track record, I love the gun and it has performed flawlessly for 2k rds.

So, while sitting at my computer debating if I should buy a CNCwarrior milled receiver and piece together the components for what I want the finished product to be, I found that CAI is going to offer factory SBRs using the C39V2 receiver. (10" and a 12")

This 10" version is pretty much EXACTLY what I want, hell, the barrel even has threads concentric to the bore so I can use my SDN-6 suppressor.
    According to my research, the MSRP is $1100, so I am thinking that actual retail might come in at $950-$1050.

V2SBR.jpg

Thoughts from the peanut gallery?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I made up my mind.

As soon as it is released, I will buy it.

I know some of my friends are AK purists and think I have lost my mind. But, I have had many Aks over the years, although no Arsenals, and NONE of them were as accurate or as smooth as my C39V2. That said, I never really educated myself on the AK platform like I did with the AR platform, I just never really got excited about the stamped receiver, wood furniture and the various folding stock models.

I blame Magpul, their new furniture fits my tastes and is quality, and I blame Century, for make a bastard milled receiver that accepts the Magpul kit.

I think I will even find an Noveske KX3 for it, I know they used to make them years ago in the correct 14mm LH.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Very cool! Also awesome that the threads are concentric but what's it threaded to??

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Well, if CAI threads the barrel on the SBR like they did on my current "normal" C39V2, it will 14mm LH.

But, with CAI, you never know.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Well, if CAI threads the barrel on the SBR like they did on my current "normal" C39V2, it will 14mm LH.

But, with CAI, you never know.

Cool. I was just curious because I know with the RAS47 and all I can't thread a can on because Silencer Co doesn't make a qd break or a thread on option for the threads they use do to worry about baffle strikes and not wanting to deal with the head ache. You'd actually have to have it rethreaded...

Top Bottom