• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Filling out form1 as a trust. I've watched several vids on Youtube. Two were from lawyers who gave conflicting information.

1) The instructions of Form1 mention nothing about "certification of compliance".

2) #7 and #8. #7 I assume to be the signature of the person filling out the app and title according to the trust, on behalf of the trust. #8 WTF is this supposed to be?

3) Signature at the bottom of page 2. Again, sign as authorized representative of the trust?

I hate to say it, but the instructions on IRS1040 are way better.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    As a trust, you don't mess with 2nd page. It says right on the front that the second page is for individuals. 7 is your signature. 8 would be your name, Grantor (assuming you are the author of the trust).

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I couldn't get eFile to even launch. Much of the misinformation I think has to do with the revisions of the 5320.1 form itself. The current was revised June 2014, but the instructional vids and sites out there are all based off older forms.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Got my notice of "DISAPPROVED" today. They state the serial number is incomplete and I need to re-sumbit. Basically back to the end of the line. BS! It's a spike's lower. Has this format for all the identification:

SS - #######
    CAL - MULTI
    MOD - ST15

The letter said that spikes serial numbers have a two letter prefix. So that must mean the model is "MOD - ST15" the caliber is "CAL - MULTI" too. I've contacted Spikes to get the official serial number, but resetting the clock SUCKS!

While I'm at it, my lower parts kit finally came in from over 2 months of back order. It was missing the trigger guard, both roll pins to install it, and the rear takedown pin spring. Brownell's is making that right with haste, so not too upset, but damn......

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Not according to the email I got:

"INCOMPLETE FORM. SERIAL NUMBER INCORRECT. SPIKES TACTICAL SERIAL NUMBERS CONTAIN A LETTERED PREFIX. PLEASE CHECK SERIAL NUMBER AND RESUBMIT. REFUND OF TAX PAYMENT IN PROCESS. DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATION IN PROCESS, THE RE-SUBMITTED EFORM REQUEST WILL BE PROCESSED IN THE ORDER IT IS RECEIVED. ATF FORMS RECEIVED ON OR AFTER JULY 13, 2016 WILL REQUIRE COMPLIANCE WITH THE 41F RULES, AND REGULATIONS. IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AT (304) 616-4500."

I've heard other people say they spoke to the examiners and got their issues sorted out. Sounds like this just isn't happening right now. I did get a response from Spike's. They said the full serial number is "SS-######".... and it's Wednesday, so I can't resumbit today.

Oh well, I'll just pull the stock off and make it a pistol for now. I have the lower about 90% complete. Still need to get the trigger (might just use the single stage from my first AR for now), piston assembly, hand guard, and bolt to finish it up.

bos-94-003

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Marion
    Thanks for the serial number info. I started to efile my spikes lower the other night but didn't get very far and glad I didn't cause I only had the numerical part of the serial down. Good luck with your sbr build

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    No help from Ted. Got this response from Jason Frushour at the Department of Justice:

"At this point you will need to do a complete resubmission with new tax payment and new uploads. A refund of the original tax payment will be made back to the account that was used and that should happen within 30 days. Due to the large volume of applications in house will cannot offer expedite of the resubmission. It will be handled in the order it is received."

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    That blows! I had a form 4 get kicked back for some reason the other day... I hope I don't go to the end of the line because of it... I didn't get a refund or anything though so I'm hoping I'll be good to go!

DarrenL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2014
    East-Central
    I had a form 1 SBR in March that was rejected, and I had to pay the $200 again and wait for refund, but the agent who rejected it approved my new form in literally 1 hour after ai re-submitted. Sucks if that is not happening now.

Darren

DarrenL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2014
    East-Central
    That blows! I had a form 4 get kicked back for some reason the other day... I hope I don't go to the end of the line because of it... I didn't get a refund or anything though so I'm hoping I'll be good to go!

I don't believe you will have problems, form 4 seems to be treated very differently than form 1.

Top Bottom