• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I have been looking at a Palmetto State Defense suppressor, Monolith model, direct thread in 5.56. Silencer shop has it for as low as $312. This is a very reasonable price (MSRP is $429), but I can find very little info on this suppressor. Manufacturers' web site, Silencer Shop, and one video on u tube. Few details on the actual product. Anyone out there with experience with this suppressor?

It could be a best buy, or a nightmare. Just trying to avoid problems but at the same time support small outfits. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ammunition, AR15 Parts, Magazines, Bulk Ammo - Palmetto State Armory

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have personally never heard one fired.
    However, that being said it's known that they are not a "best performance" company, they are a budget company. As long as you go into the purchase not expecting $700 performance I think you will be ok. If you have to wait a couple more months to then buy a nicer one you know you will be happy with; maybe go that route. I bought a can recently from an INGO guy knowing it won't be the best performance but the price was right, and for it's intended purpose it'll be perfect for me. However, I went into the purchase knowing what I was getting.

Do you own any other cans?

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Nothing hands on yet, but a couple of Gem-Techs are floating around in that great NFA void. I'm broke now so considering the economy route. This PSD looked good for the money but... I knew a girl in high school that looked good for the money too, turned out she wasn't, so she ended up someone else's problem. Just don't want that situation with a $500 price tag and an item that is difficult to move.

Top Bottom