Suppressor baffles, media blasting & cleaning. A good place to go.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    I had the internals (baffles) of my suppressor media blasted at:

Abrasive Processing & Technologies
    712 E. Ohio Street (just off Broadway)
    Fortville, IN
    317-485-7702

http://www.abrasiveprocessing.com/

They did a fantastic job and returned them to me looking like new for $20.00. I would recommend them to all INGO members.

Jim

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Nice. Do they do that as you wait (I'd assume they'd have to unless they are an 07/02)? If so, how long did it take?

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    I took them the baffles and dropped them off in the morning and they had them done in the afternoon. This should not be a problem as they were individual baffles with no "tube" or mounting caps.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I took them the baffles and dropped them off in the morning and they had them done in the afternoon. This should not be a problem as they were individual baffles with no "tube" or mounting caps.

Sadly from everything I've read the ATF considers any part of a suppressor as a complete suppressor. (This is as stupid as it gets!) My understanding is that you have to retain control over them unless they are a 07/02 SOT. I wish I was wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm not.
    Personally I use a soda blaster for the aluminum parts and a ultra sonic with simple green for the steel parts.

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    Thanks for the input Dan, that is so ludicrous it has to be true....but as luck would have it I was there in the afternoon when they did the blasting, but I won't put them (or me) in that position again. Guess I'll look into a soda blaster, any particular one you like?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Thanks for the input Dan, that is so ludicrous it has to be true....but as luck would have it I was there in the afternoon when they did the blasting, but I won't put them (or me) in that position again. Guess I'll look into a soda blaster, any particular one you like?

Yeah it's stupid as hell. Since I'm the "maker" on the form 1 why can't I repair it too? I really want to see suppressors taken off the NFA list. It makes so much sense to plus it would make a lot of things much easier.
    I put my blaster together with parts from Harbor Freight. Overall it wasn't very expensive if you already have the compressor, hose and connectors. I'll get the model number tomorrow of the sprayer. The only thing I had to do was open the hopper and hopper connection to allow the soda to flow freely.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010

Here's the one I use. Like I said the only thing I had to do was drill out the bottom of the hopper and the input to the gun with a 3/8" bit. Otherwise it works great.
    soda-blaster.jpg

Top Bottom