• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Getting closer to being ready to buy a can.

Will be shared across .22lr rifle and pistol. Probably living more on my 10 22 than anything else but I've never had a can, so not sure what I'll use it on more.

Requirements in order of preference

Sound suppression - prefer to error on the pistol side of this, so I'm not disappointed with short barrel performance even if it's stellar on the rifle.

Ease of cleaning - would like SS baffled for ultrasonic cleaning, but if the can is able to be disassembled and cleaned by hand without too much work, anything's fine. I don't shoot that much, though I think that will increase with a can. Still probably not more than 2k rounds a year.

Cost - really not a huge requirement, but not looking to drop a grand on a can and stamp. So would like to keep the can sub 700, with a little wiggle room for the right one.

Availability - indiana dealer, stock or order doesn't matter, but want a supporting dealer ideally within 3 hours of Lake County.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Liberty Mystic X. Good multi caliber can....rated for 22 to 5.56/.223 in a 16" barrel. Great for 300blk too.

Monocore stainless baffle, take apart end user serviceable.

However, if you are not planning on suppressing anything else, get a 22 can that you can take apart and clean.

Last edited:

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    are you just wanting to do .22? if you want a higher caliber can it will really be to heavy on the end of a .22 pistol or even a 10/22. I like my SilencerCo sparrow small and easy to clean and quite.

armyvet209

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    LAKE COUNTY
    i just put a silencerco hybrid in nfa jail. can be used on anything from .22lr to 45-70 govt. i wont be putting it on any of my .22's because i have decicated .22 cans that are fully user serviceable for cleaning out the crud that goes with shooting .22's

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I would highly recommend getting a dedicated .22 suppressor the do all cans are great but just so large for .22 pistols and rifles. I would try and find a shop close to you and handle the suppressors and you will have a good feel for why a .22 can is the way to go. I bought a huntertown kestrel 556 with the thought of using it on my ARs and all my .22s and man what a waste. Its a good on my .22s but just so heavy and no way to use it with a pistol. I got to handle a Hybrid the other day and its cool but NO WAY you could shoot that on a pistol and the weight is a factor too. Just make sure you don't make my mistake. Out of all my cans my .22 gets the most time at the range.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I would highly recommend getting a dedicated .22 suppressor the do all cans are great but just so large for .22 pistols and rifles. I would try and find a shop close to you and handle the suppressors and you will have a good feel for why a .22 can is the way to go. I bought a huntertown kestrel 556 with the thought of using it on my ARs and all my .22s and man what a waste. Its a good on my .22s but just so heavy and no way to use it with a pistol. I got to handle a Hybrid the other day and its cool but NO WAY you could shoot that on a pistol and the weight is a factor too. Just make sure you don't make my mistake. Out of all my cans my .22 gets the most time at the range.

Really? On paper, it's only 2 ounces heavier than the Osprey 45 and I shoot mine on .45 and 9mm hosts all the time. Is it the length that's the issue maybe? I've been looking at getting a Hybrid (granted, I wanted it for subgun and .30 cal rifle use, not pistol).

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    It was pretty fat and stubby so the weight seemed heavy. The width too you would have to get new sights for sure to see over it. They had it in Premier arms it was in jail for a guy but at least got to hold it. I was so excited and almost bought one until I held it. My .02 cents was not impressed especially with how much I love the Omega. Was a let down I tell ya. Hold one before you buy is all I can say. I was going to use it on my 9MM SBR but now still looking.

Talking about the Hybrid sorry

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It was pretty fat and stubby so the weight seemed heavy. The width too you would have to get new sights for sure to see over it. They had it in Premier arms it was in jail for a guy but at least got to hold it. I was so excited and almost bought one until I held it. My .02 cents was not impressed especially with how much I love the Omega. Was a let down I tell ya. Hold one before you buy is all I can say. I was going to use it on my 9MM SBR but now still looking.

Talking about the Hybrid sorry

Well, fair enough. I'll have to see if I can find one in stock nearby. So far, as far as I can tell, it's the only full auto rate can that can handle .308, 5.56, 7.62x39, .300 BLK, 9mm, and .45ACP, so it has been really appealing to me to run on my various HK sear hosts.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    ^^^^^
    for your application (full auto carbines) I think it maybe a good can. I wish we all had a auto sear like yourself:):!!!! For me on my 300 blk out SBR and my 9mm sbr I just think I could get a lighter and thinner can. I just don't think it would be good on a pistol due to width/weight. If you already have a pistol can I think the Hybrid would be a great choice for your happy switch carbines.

Top Bottom