• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Do we really know what's involved in this yet? Say I want to send in 3 or 4 sets of forms. Do we need to also include fingerprint cards for each? or just one set for all?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    My guess would be one set per form. I didn't think you could add line items to the forms as far as multiple cans on one.

Since eforms is down I am only guessing tho

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    My guess would be one set per form. I didn't think you could add line items to the forms as far as multiple cans on one.

Since eforms is down I am only guessing tho

I've not kept up on it, but I was hoping someone here has been keeping up. In the beginning there was speculation that you only had to send in one set of prints for a set period of time (per year) or something. :dunno:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Does anyone understand the CLEO notification? Do you have to notify the CLEO (if so, at what point?), or does the ATF notify for you?

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    From SilencerCo's website

"5 • It removes the CLEO sign-off requirement[FONT=&quot]One of the good things to come out of 41F is the removal of the CLEO sign-off requirement for individual applicants, eliminating the ability of anti-NFA officials to arbitrarily bar Americans from owning items like suppressors and machine guns. Now individual applicants simply need to submit a notification to their local CLEO by way of sending them a copy of all pertinent documents.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]While trust applicants were not required to obtain CLEO sign-off before, 41F mandates that they must notify their local CLEO of any manufacture or transfer of an NFA item.
    [/FONT]

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Well, looks like photos and cards for each submission.

ATF new rules on NFA start July 13

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/general41fquestionsandanswersupdated-6-28-16pdf/download
    Q: How will CLEO notification be accomplished?

A: The Department has revised the regulations in 27 CFR 479.62 and 479.84 to require the applicant or responsible persons to submit (mail or deliver) a completed copy of the application (Form 1, 4, or 5) or a completed copy of Form 5320.23 (National Firearms Act (NFA) Responsible Person Questionnaire), respectively, to the chief law enforcement officer of the locality in which the applicant or responsible person is located. In the case of a trust, this is considered located at the primary location where the firearm will be maintained. In addition, the “responsible persons” associated with a trust should each submit documentation to their CLEO having jurisdiction where the responsible person is located.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    How does one prove they notified the CLEO? Registered mail or the like? What stops a CLEO from divulging this information outside of his office (i.e. to a newspaper or anti group)?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    How does one prove they notified the CLEO? Registered mail or the like? What stops a CLEO from divulging this information outside of his office (i.e. to a newspaper or anti group)?

This was the main reason I put my first two items in my LLC. I did not want the LEO's to know what I had because they had a tendency to divulge information while ****-chatting. I know because they told me a lot more than I needed to know at times, so I was aware and did what I could to keep it on the hush.

It is a lose-lose situation for me. Smaller community... but more chance for more people to know what I have in my safes.

I do want to know how we must send the paperwork tho, especially since I will not be completing paper forms this evening so I will have to go thru it all now.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've not kept up on it, but I was hoping someone here has been keeping up. In the beginning there was speculation that you only had to send in one set of prints for a set period of time (per year) or something. :dunno:

From what I understand is that once you have something approved, so long as you make a purchase within every two years you are good on your previous submitted merits so long as trust members have not changed etc.

I am still anxious to see how all of this is done now though... I'm sure I'll be submitting a couple more form 4's and at least one more form 1 before too long.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    From what I understand is that once you have something approved, so long as you make a purchase within every two years you are good on your previous submitted merits so long as trust members have not changed etc.

I am still anxious to see how all of this is done now though... I'm sure I'll be submitting a couple more form 4's and at least one more form 1 before too long.

Check a previous post, its spelled out by the ATF that its per submittal. Fingerprints and passport photos for trusts.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Check a previous post, its spelled out by the ATF that its per submittal. Fingerprints and passport photos for trusts.

Oh, I'll have to go back and read it then, I thought I read it and saw it reported that way on the "two year rule/exception"

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    A friend of mine had it go down on him while he was filling one out last night... I'd be super frustrated. I had one I was planning on doing also that I honestly should have done last week. I just mailed it in thankfully after checking again this morning.

Top Bottom