Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OSS Suppressor strip down

User Info Menu

OSS Suppressor strip down

Does anyone else own an OSS suppressor? Do you have a have pic of the internals fully disassembled?

I have the OSS TAV-SD (BPR1200/SRM6). I have disassembled to this point but I think it breaks down further?
    Attachment 50368

Any pics, diagrams, instructions would be helpful.
    Stamp collecting is fun!

User Info Menu

Got one more layer stripped down in the SRM.
    Attachment 50376
    Stamp collecting is fun!

User Info Menu

Nevermind. Figured it out.
    Attachment 50395
    Stamp collecting is fun!

User Info Menu

That thing is funky. How do you like it?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    That thing is funky. How do you like it?
    Best suppressor I own. The YouTube videos from OSS are not hype or BS. It works as described, period.
    My 5.56 Tavor with can is much more quiet than my un-suppressed 10/22. In fact, it sounds like a nail gun.

They are however, not inexpensive. Even if I had not gotten such a deal on this one, I would still buy it again...but it would have taken me much longer to come up with the $$$. But YES, I would buy it again, without hesitation.
    Last edited by STFU; 10-01-2016 at 22:05.
    Stamp collecting is fun!

User Info Menu

I just picked up a Helix. I will be putting it on my meter and reporting the numbers in a future video. I like the concept, I will say they're attachment method to the rifle leaves much to be desired. I hear they're working on a QD solution that simplifies the process. It seems to be quality and it does reduce back pressure. How much is difficult to measure but it is noticeable to me. I will also put it on the thermal and test it against a peer like the Omega to see if it truly reduces heat build up as well.

User Info Menu

Since the Helix is a Gen 5 (and mine is a Gen 4) I am interested in what you come up with.
    The more I shoot with it on, the more I like it. I especially like not having so much blowback gas in my face compared to other suppressors I have tried. That might just be my favorite thing about the OSS.
    Stamp collecting is fun!

User Info Menu

I've been desperate for one of these but, I have a YHM titanium. Mine sits at 13oz, which changes my POI minimally. I wish these guys would make a lighter titanium version, I would buy them in bulk if they did !
    Quote Originally Posted by STFU View Post
    Best suppressor I own. The YouTube videos from OSS are not hype or BS. It works as described, period.
    My 5.56 Tavor with can is much more quiet than my un-suppressed 10/22. In fact, it sounds like a nail gun.

They are however, not inexpensive. Even if I had not gotten such a deal on this one, I would still buy it again...but it would have taken me much longer to come up with the $$$. But YES, I would buy it again, without hesitation.
    Eat your member berries.

User Info Menu

K, thats pretty cool. While I'm not in the market, I'd love to talk a friend into buying one so I could play with it.. Thanks for posting!
    Anyone SCUBA dive?

User Info Menu

Finally got this broken down as far as it will go...
    Attachment 53241
    Stamp collecting is fun!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast