• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'm looking to take an Arsenal SLR104-UR, and build an SBR. Here is what I want to do:
    -take the rifle to a gunsmith to have the barrel cut / crown
    -have said gunsmith engrave the item with their information rather than mine
    -transfer the rifle to me via Form 4, (rather than me Form 1 it)
    That way, if I ever want to sell it (no idea why I ever would), it would look more professionally done.
    Am I way off here, or do any of you guys know where I might be able to get this done?
    Thanks comrads :smileak:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm looking to take an Arsenal SLR104-UR, and build an SBR. Here is what I want to do:
    -take the rifle to a gunsmith to have the barrel cut / crown
    -have said gunsmith engrave the item with their information rather than mine
    -transfer the rifle to me via Form 4, (rather than me Form 1 it)
    That way, if I ever want to sell it (no idea why I ever would), it would look more professionally done.
    Am I way off here, or do any of you guys know where I might be able to get this done?
    Thanks comrads :smileak:

I had this exact thing done with an Arsenal SLR106UR by ZR Tactical (including engraving their info). They also had to open up the gas ports a bit to account for the shorter barrel, but my Arsenal runs great. ZR Tactical is located up in Noblesville, IN.

o59CnoxXiyozxG3lt0nruwrjXw_nxHYOCJDhRCADBkYUOCcBGmvByI8R8hxbcBg41cISI00yEZ2Nh0fTQH792gWLLlh-qGWx4iAhjIEouP7A7rc3oCjO1tvNiMQG92tPPYdF_K6b5jcp2iMuj6Q_skYw1DdGth1rYWX-iCsbKP098R7eFiza_KhSEosNxhljUrlHY2BXk-g4U9R-nHNk6cu5O7K3pf2OgmdkhEXQ9G4cYHX5FygAXnDJ7h6knjQRdriZDTpBXEL3XLmjD41KxQP9Hihsxgjrepk7kv5GlcY1NKJh0Ka7LfjnfyT2Ngfn5sLAjZRX2q7tIR_FVfyoNwpZN_fDtW-4BPtaZMeho7BjU_1pUuvtAtrK4Hg22Z2p47QXoYAVAyb1p6bmYx9X4GGtBWCDMO-fJTH_WS38eXfILpPGi13E_I5MWYS_y0KSwtE0YtUgOKacOXv1__hBx7s9bM_i9wbnpaS8SPDNP9RGpdX5buAgX0PxIkGL_7LSpGMvRKry6PuWbT62-EDwth0-_LR5oGVt_WI6g9ejIcq3a9Z6Ab2uAgEvQZ-k92MfUkLWMOpdFeaS-kbzr4P-ZSwBJAQckt545yIZvvxFRiSB3DA7=w786-h589-no

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    That thing is bad ass. I take it you were happy with the work then? Where did you have it engraved? I'm hoping it could be somewhere less conspicuous, like the forward section of receiver near the magwell.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    The pic is blurry but you get the idea. This is where I engraved my trust info on my SLR-104UR krink. Bottom of receiver in front of the magwell.

Engrave%201_zpscyuvmqti.jpg

Bottom rifle of course . . . .
    SLR_M85_2_zpszm8ankv5.jpg

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    You guys are really making me rethink the classic Ruskie bakelite / wood look with your pics, and making me lean towards polymer.

Yamadog, who did you have do the barrel work on yours?

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Don't give up on the wood look yet! Mine actually looks like this at the moment (Ironwood Designs wood). I like to dress 'em up to fit the mood. I've thought about getting a set of plumb furniture for it as well.

SLR104UR%20Krink%20with%20Wood%201_zps08hqxkli.jpg

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Yamadog, who did you have do the barrel work on yours?

I did the barrel chop and crown myself after a lot of research and watching video. Bought some tools at Brownells. I'm just that way. I try to do it myself if I can. My problem is trying to find the time. AllenM did the engraving.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Don't give up on the wood look yet! Mine actually looks like this at the moment (Ironwood Designs wood). I like to dress 'em up to fit the mood. I've thought about getting a set of plumb furniture for it as well.

SLR104UR%20Krink%20with%20Wood%201_zps08hqxkli.jpg

That's awesome too. I was looking their stuff last night. I had Matt do the furniture for my 7.62X54R VEPR, and it turned out great. Only problem was the lead time....... ugggg. Took forever.

Did you finish that furniture yourself, or did he do it? The stuff I got from him was done in his "Russian Red", and looked really good. Yours kind of has that iodine orange look, which I really dig. Goes perfect with that bakelite.

It's currently setup like this:

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Yep, between Matt's lead time and the BATF I feel like this . . .
    Skeleten_zpslbfwkpzp.jpg

Mine is the Russian Red also, but yours looks darker. Could just be the photos . . . .

Sorry - didn't mean to turn this into a picture thread, but I've also got their Russian Red on my Draco SBR and my S-12 SBS

Draco%201_zpsxjrclmon.jpg

S12%20SBS%20Side%201_zpshwwl0bqd.jpg

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Decatur
    I've got a buddy in Fort Wayne who is the AK guru. He's a 07/02 and can easily do what you're looking for. Send me an IM if you want me to hook you up with him.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Am I correct, though, that the down side is the rifle will be kept at the FFL while paperwork is processed? You could not start the form 4 until they did the conversion & engraving then it is in NFA jail for however many months.

As opposed to enjoying the factory gun while the form 1 is processed then having it chopped & engraved.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Am I correct, though, that the down side is the rifle will be kept at the FFL while paperwork is processed? You could not start the form 4 until they did the conversion & engraving then it is in NFA jail for however many months.

As opposed to enjoying the factory gun while the form 1 is processed then having it chopped & engraved.

That is correct. The 07/02 will file a Form 2 electronically (most likely) and the gun instantly becomes a registered SBR. Then you file your form 4 and wait forever. The gun sits in the SOT's safe until the stamp comes back.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am throwing my name in the basket as well. 2 I have done the barrel work on. These barrels were pressed from the receiver and bore indexed so a suppressor could be used.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tmixon
    Top Bottom