Someone got arrested for shouldering a brace?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    So I was at my local gun range recently testing out new folding bracing thingy on my pistol and afterwards, I was reminded by the range master to not shoulder it. For the record, I was shooting it legally within the letter of the law.

I said all my legal wording that doesn't incriminate me or leaves me to accusing myself of violating a nonenforceable opinion letter that isn't really the law, but he said that he knows about a guy who shouldered his AR pistol at an outdoor range and the was an ATF agent who was also shooting there and confiscated the "pistol". He didn't say if the guy was arrested on the spot or not or any other details. This raised my eyebrow and when I asked for details, he either doesn't know or didn't want to tell me.

So here's what I don't know.

Which range did this happen if it happened in this state of Indiana at all.

When this happened

Who did this happen to

And why this hasn't made news

Anybody else know someone who knows something about this?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I cAll bs. They don't want this to go to court. They will lose.
    and actualy since Sessions is AG I bet no federal prosecutor will take the case. I look for this "opinion" to soon be reversed.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I'm guessing that in addition to making an off-duty seizure, in a public place, without back-up, he probably also stole his wallet and had his 5 year old daughter grab the poor guy's sidearm.....

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I call BS as well. Sounds to me like the RO was just puffing up his chest and making crap up to try to look and feel important. What range was this?
    Dan

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I call BS as well. Sounds to me like the RO was just puffing up his chest and making crap up to try to look and feel important. What range was this?
    Dan

I don't want to give it a bad name, but it starts with a D and rhythms with Krebs

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I don't want to give it a bad name, but it starts with a D and rhythms with Krebs
    I've never understood why people post something "negative" about a LGS or gun smith then refuse to give their name. Are they afraid of something? There was a thread awhile back where a guy was just blasting a gun smith for damaging his gun but refused to give out the guys name. What purpose is there to do all that to supposedly let people know to stay away from him then not give out his name? Thanks for kind of id'ing them.
    Dan

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    No, there you just get shot in the leg but the info is good.

too soon?

Did an actual report ever come out about what happened? I know a couple of the guys who are local to Point Blank chimed in what they thought it was but I never saw anything on the news or elsewhere online about it.
    Dan

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I've never understood why people post something "negative" about a LGS or gun smith then refuse to give their name. Are they afraid of something? There was a thread awhile back where a guy was just blasting a gun smith for damaging his gun but refused to give out the guys name. What purpose is there to do all that to supposedly let people know to stay away from him then not give out his name? Thanks for kind of id'ing them.
    Dan

4.gif

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I supposed it isn't the actual place I want to give a bad rep for, but just the one employee that works at Deb's Gun Range in Hammond

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So I was at my local gun range recently testing out new folding bracing thingy on my pistol and afterwards, I was reminded by the range master to not shoulder it. For the record, I was shooting it legally within the letter of the law.

I said all my legal wording that doesn't incriminate me or leaves me to accusing myself of violating a nonenforceable opinion letter that isn't really the law, but he said that he knows about a guy who shouldered his AR pistol at an outdoor range and the was an ATF agent who was also shooting there and confiscated the "pistol". He didn't say if the guy was arrested on the spot or not or any other details. This raised my eyebrow and when I asked for details, he either doesn't know or didn't want to tell me.

So here's what I don't know.

Which range did this happen if it happened in this state of Indiana at all.

When this happened

Who did this happen to

And why this hasn't made news

Anybody else know someone who knows something about this?

I'm guessing this guy it just blowing hot air. I just seems to be the way some people are. They want to strut their little bit of authority and when they get a little push back, they feel the need to concoct a story to reinforce their point. :rolleyes: Him refusing to answer your questions tells me all I need to know regarding the veracity of his tale.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    It wasn't like he was refusing to answer my questions. I asked him to tell me all he knows and this is literally all he knows. No names of the people involved or where. Just a story. All the same, with the BS involving on how the ATF officially views the brace, any story I hear of someone getting into trouble for it does catch my ear and I will follow up on it with details.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Yeah, I call 'shenanigans'. ANY time I get a story, without details and facts, then I just nod my head, say 'okay' and move along, cause there was nothing to see.

Top Bottom