• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I've got a predicament. I've been so mobile now for so many years of just wrote off having legal SBR or cans. I have been in place now for 18 months and will be moving again shortly. This won'the likely be the last time, either. How does a guy on the move so much get such things as legal SBR's or cans?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    In state? From my understanding you are fine. State to State? IIRC correctly, there is an additional form you have to submit, and have approved, before you move.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    If you were to make an estimation, if I had 6 months left in indiana, would that be sufficient to get the ball rolling? Can you move mid-approval and submit a change address request?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    First make sure that the state(s) you will be moving to allow the NFA items.

You will not be getting a stamp back within six months for anything right now. There is a form for change of address. Start one stamp and when you find out the new address send the form in. It will most likely make the approval take longer, but at least you will be in process. Same thing with your Trust, if you go that route.

If you have family, or trusted friends in state you could go the Trust route and leave the NFA item(s) with them should you travel to a ban state.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I have addresses. This will be out of state to NC. Wife and kids will precede me.

As I understand this, I need to determine which suppressor I want to buy. Find it for sale somewhere and pay for it. At that point the dealer will assist in necessary paperwork. I'll then submit paperwork with $200 for ATF. This is what takes the time.

Sounds like it might be easiest to use the new address (already have a house there). With that being assumed (until one of you smart folks tell me otherwise) will I need to be present in that state for the police dept requirements?

Top Bottom