• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    I don't often write reviews for a business: but in this case I feel compelled based upon the level of services I received. Also, I know alot of folks here are waiting on the hearing protection act to pass (Bad idea IMO) and not active in the market for a suppressor. However, personally I decided the price was right on a couple of suppressors and I purchased three through silencer shop:
    Gemtech - GM-45
    AAC - 556-SD
    AAC - 300TM
    I already had a trust setup with only myself on it and my wife as alternate if I passed or became incapacitated and I already had several items on their prior to 41f being passed. I went forth and bought the items I wanted on silencer shop website. Over the next several days I had to do the following:
    1) Give them my trust documents
    2) Get finger printed at one of tehre kiosk
    3) Download the phone app and snap my picture
    4) Electronically sign my Form 4 paperwork.
    On point 1 I had some question and post purchase and when I called I was routed to their in-house trust person who asked for an hour to review my documentation and get back with me. An hour or so later he got back and told me based upon the wording in my trust I did not need my wife to get finger-printed. After that they sent me a QR code to use to do my finger prints. I went to M & J Firearms (GREAT PLACE!!) and worked through the touch screen kiosk to get finger-printed. After which I downloaded the phone app and took my picture and uploaded it to the web-site. Then today I got the formal Form 4 for me to digitally sign to send off to the ATF. On my behalf they already did the following with very little effort from me:
    1) Take care of my finger-print card
    2) Notified the state attorney general on my purchase (Apparently the ATF has given them explicit list on who should be notified by state of residence)
    3) Electronic Form 3 to move the item to my local dealer for final transfer
    4) Submitted my entire Form 4 application
    Going forward I can skip the finger-printing and picture stuff all together as it will already be on file. Also, when I talked to them today they said they are leveraging the technology they have put together and will start doing factor SBR's as an option on their web-site. Honestly, other than the long wait from the ATF this is no different than buying a gun online and having it shipped to a local FFL. I know some folks are afraid of the NFA and such....and I get that. However, for those of us already on the "List" this is a great time to buy with very low prices. Honestly, I can't see me ever working with anyone else other then silencershop because of the way they have implemented technology into the process.
    Again I apologize if this sounds like a "buy me" sales pitch....but I just had such a positive experience I had to share. Ask me in 9 months if it all worked out good thought :)

Parrthed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2016
    Charlestown
    I've done a couple cans through them, never had an issue. Smooth sailing the whole way. Now, if they could just figure out that whole wait thing.... congrats on your new toy

MikeyB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    My experience pretty much matches yours, gopurdue. I bought a PTP Scout .22 suppressor from my LGS who is a "Powered By Silencershop" dealer with the kiosk. My wife and I did the fingerprints there, the shop sent over the trust paperwork and Silencershop did the rest via email.

What's nice is once they have all your information you can order from the site without having to resubmit any paperwork. I ordered an AAC Tirant 9M this weekend and I got an email 30 mins later for me to E-sign. That was it! I'm looking forward to their form 1 feature.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    My LGS is a powered by dealer for them and I've used them with him before... I was pretty satisfied too.
    They seem to do a ton of business, and their kiosks are pretty slick.
    If I'm not mistaken, their beef with SiCo and a couple of other companies came over MAP pricing or something to that effect where they were hurting the business of other dealers/distributors selling their products. However, whatever the reason may be, Silencer Shop doesn't really carry any of the manufactures I buy from, so they may or may not see me again unless I pick up a rugged can. Luckily the LGS owner hooks me up, otherwise I could be stuck!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    What's nice is once they have all your information you can order from the site without having to resubmit any paperwork. I ordered an AAC Tirant 9M this weekend and I got an email 30 mins later for me to E-sign. That was it! I'm looking forward to their form 1 feature.

This I did not know.

I fondled my jailed can this weekend. It was nice.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Redhood
    Top Bottom