• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Hey fellas, I am curious as to where any of you filing forms post 41f are getting fingerprinted...

After being told by a local officer they wouldn't fingerprint that it was outsourced to such and such place, I called the local L1 or the place used for LTCH and things (officer directed location). However, they want $10 per fingerprint card! I just bought 3 cans, and at 2 cards per application with 4 people on my trust including myself that's a whopping $240 for all of us to be fingerprinted!!!

Anyone have a better option for me? From what I understood looking at the ATF site I could have a police officer do them and it would fulfill the requirements. But I have also understood anyone so long as they are done correctly can do them and I'm ok there too (this makes me nervous though). I am obviously willing compensate someone for doing 24 cards for me, but I'm looking for a better option here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Wow! That's a significant cost. I applied for a trust through silencer shop and just need to get my butt in gear to complete the paperwork. Your story is the sort that makes standard firearms ownership seem pretty nice, though.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Ink and paper for free, find a cop or a different PD station that will roll them.

Also if mailing in same envelope, one or 500+ silencers you only need two print cards per responsible persons.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Ink and paper for free, find a cop or a different PD station that will roll them.

Also if mailing in same envelope, one or 500+ silencers you only need two print cards per responsible persons.

I've got a few friends who are local officers. I will get with them and see if they can fingerprint.

I was not aware of the fact you could get away with doing two print cards per envelope, otherwise I'd be good to do all 3 at once and just send 8 cards... My LGS gave me 2 per person per can, and I assumed he would know. Have you done it that way yourself?

Edit* I just found a couple of sources that say even if submitting multiple forms you must have the fingerprints and photographs for each form.

Last edited:

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I'm a dealer, you can call the NFA Branch if you like...Been doing it this way a long time. Seriously, two per envelope is all that is needed.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'm a dealer, you can call the NFA Branch if you like...Been doing it this way a long time. Seriously, two per envelope is all that is needed.

If do it/have done it, that is what I was wanting to know... Thank you very much for your help! I really appreciate it!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    If you buy through silencer shop, they have kiosks that they fingerprint you on for free.

I have bought from them once before... However, they no longer carry SiCo or Dead Air stuff and those are the two brands I mostly own and foresee myself continuing to buy. So they aren't really relevant for me anymore/right now sadly.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    A lot of people just buy ink pads and fingerprint themselves too

Don't think the ATF cares too much. As long as the finger prints taken are of good quality and not smeared

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    A lot of people just buy ink pads and fingerprint themselves too

Don't think the ATF cares too much. As long as the finger prints taken are of good quality and not smeared

That is also super helpful, I'd think I could teach myself on something other than the cards. Thanks guys, I really wasn't certain on all of the new junk. Appreciate it.

Top Bottom