• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nj4020

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    I received my SBR form 1 stamp this week. Indy Laser is out of town till next week. I have parts on hand to finish the rifle. My question is: can I build the SBR now that I have the stamp, or do I need to have the engraving done before final assembly?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I received my SBR form 1 stamp this week. Indy Laser is out of town till next week. I have parts on hand to finish the rifle. My question is: can I build the SBR now that I have the stamp, or do I need to have the engraving done before final assembly?

The final form of the SBR must be engraved. (Honestly on all of mine as soon as the paperwork was submitted I had them engraved. When the stamp came I either built or converted.)
    If you just can't wait then put a pistol tube on it and go shoot.
    On a side thought if you do build it as an SBR and go to a real pro-2A/NFA range no one is going to ask to see your gun nor your paperwork. Only places like Point Blank demand (wrongfully I must add) to see your paperwork. Even if you do show it I'm willing to bet they don't know about the requirements of engraving.
    Dan

Top Bottom