300 Blackout SBR SUPPRESSED (FIRST SUPPRESSOR)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I got my stamp yesterday and tried it out. It moves too much for me to be satisfied with it. How do I keep the Silencer Octane 9 from loosening on this blackout rifle?

swd3m1.jpg

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    ok i see a fixed barrel spacer on silencerco's website. Will that keep suppressor from rotating???

It won't keep it from rotating. I'm assuming it's rotating on the threads... The fixed barrel spacer is for if you thread it on using a piston. I would highly recommend a direct thread mount. Then you can tighten it on pretty tight and you should be good to go.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Ok. Sorry, I am really new to this suppressor stuff. Can u post a link to what you are suggesting?
    It won't keep it from rotating. I'm assuming it's rotating on the threads... The fixed barrel spacer is for if you thread it on using a piston. I would highly recommend a direct thread mount. Then you can tighten it on pretty tight and you should be good to go.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I would recommend NOT firing again until you have the fixed barrel spacer mention. While unlikely, the neilson device allows the suppressor body to separate from the threaded portion as to not have the weight of the suppressor follow the barrel upwards on pistols. Fixed barrel spacers makes it one piece. As for keeping it threaded, some use teflon or other gunk. I prefer to hand tighten, back off 1/16 turn, then crank down quickly with hand for that last little bit.

https://www.store.silencerco.com/products/thread-mount?variant=221764050

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Ok. Sorry, I am really new to this suppressor stuff. Can u post a link to what you are suggesting?
    No worries! Goodcat has posted the link of what you want. Also as he said, don't fire it again without it or a fixed barrel spacer or a direct thread mount.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    yes the guy who helped me with the transfer told me to tighten every few shots. I have one of the direct thread mounts for my scorpion and it had no loosening problems when I tried it. I will buy three of the direct threads soon
    No worries! Goodcat has posted the link of what you want. Also as he said, don't fire it again without it or a fixed barrel spacer or a direct thread mount.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've not had many issues at all with needing to tighten things when using a direct thread on a barrel that's not moving. Same as you've experienced with your scorpion. I have problems with loosening when I'm shooting on a pistol with a browning style action. You'll be good once you pick up the direct threads! Enjoy the can man!

Top Bottom