• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Anyone with experience with the AAC Mini-4?

I'd like something a little shorter/lighter than the 762-SDN-6 I'm currently using for my 556 SBR.

The M42k and 556-SD are both only a couple oz lighter and ~1" shorter... not worth the price tag.

But the mini-4 is 2/3 the weight/length, which might make the cost worth it. (2.5" shorter, 6.5oz lighter.)

I understand it doesn't silence as well, especially on shorter guns (mines 12.5"). But if I want quieter I could still use the SDN6 since they are the same attachment.

Thoughts?

-rvb

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Tag for interest. I'd like to have a shorter suppressor for the carbine and not really interested in other offerings since I'm vested in 51t mounts. The vid by SS show that theres not but a couple db difference at the shooters ear between the 5.56sd and mini-4. My next can will either be the M4-2000 or mini-4

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Tag for interest. I'd like to have a shorter suppressor for the carbine and not really interested in other offerings since I'm vested in 51t mounts. The vid by SS show that theres not but a couple db difference at the shooters ear between the 5.56sd and mini-4. My next can will either be the M4-2000 or mini-4

Who is SS? Can you point me to the vid? Thanks.
    -rvb

Kpquinn9100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2015
    Camby
    I bought a 7.62sdn6 as my first can for multi-cal purposes. I bought a mini 4 as my next can. I primarily run them on 10.3 5.56 guns. The mini 4 is louder as expected than the 762sdn6. What other questions did you have?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I bought a 7.62sdn6 as my first can for multi-cal purposes. I bought a mini 4 as my next can. I primarily run them on 10.3 5.56 guns. The mini 4 is louder as expected than the 762sdn6. What other questions did you have?

Kpquinn9100, thanks. sounds like you did exactly what I'm considering. I do have other questions...

Was the weight/size savings noticeable on your SBR, or was it too little to really notice? And was it worth the $ for the difference?

Any regrets getting the Mini-4?

Do you still use your SDN6 on those guns?

Can you describe "louder" at all? I know that's hard... but for instance I can shoot a couple hundred rounds through the SDN6 w/o ear pro and not feel any discomfort in the ears. Do I NEED ear pro with the mini-4? Do you use ear pro just to avoid discomfort? or is it quiet enough that it's still not necessary?

Do you use adjustable gas on your ARs? Do you have to use a different setting between the SDN6 and mini-4?

Thanks!

-rvb

Kpquinn9100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2015
    Camby
    The weight savings is noticeable. It's not so much weight that's noticed directly though. It's more like the gun is more easily able to move around and not as front heavy which is directly related. If that makes sense haha. It's not as if the gun is lighter but more manuverable. No regrets on the mini 4. It's optimized for 14.5 and above so if you're shooting anything less than that results may vary. I primarily use my sdn6 still so it's definitely still in rotation. I have not shot the mini 4 without ear pro so I can't accurately answer that question. I believe you probably could shoot it with no ear pro though. The "crack" is a lot louder than the sdn6 which is more of a "snap" noise. I had a very close call with my right ear and my sbr .308 so I take no chances now and wear ear pro all the time. No adjustable gas blocks on my guns. I believe the setting would be the same though. Glad I could help!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    The weight savings is noticeable. It's not so much weight that's noticed directly though. It's more like the gun is more easily able to move around and not as front heavy which is directly related. If that makes sense haha. It's not as if the gun is lighter but more manuverable. No regrets on the mini 4. It's optimized for 14.5 and above so if you're shooting anything less than that results may vary. I primarily use my sdn6 still so it's definitely still in rotation. I have not shot the mini 4 without ear pro so I can't accurately answer that question. I believe you probably could shoot it with no ear pro though. The "crack" is a lot louder than the sdn6 which is more of a "snap" noise. I had a very close call with my right ear and my sbr .308 so I take no chances now and wear ear pro all the time. No adjustable gas blocks on my guns. I believe the setting would be the same though. Glad I could help!

Thanks for that input. Taking some of that weight off to make the gun easier to swing is my main goal, and it sounds like that's what you notice most.
    It will probably be a while before I pull the trigger and make the purchase, but I appreciate your feedback... I probably would have decided not to bother without it.

-rvb

Top Bottom